New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Craig H
Fireman

1628 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  8:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your feedback Jerry, Relax ...I'm going to make it as nice as my upstairs Larry, I'm going to check out the cost of carpet tiles and that type of flooring caught my eye at Home Depot. Kris, Yes good padding is worth the price if I do all carpet I have my modeling DESK upstairs in the spare bedroom no problem finding parts if I drop them[:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

rlundy
Engine Wiper

Canada
175 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2019 :  7:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would use laminate and sponge pads. As some have said, it is easy to lose small parts in the pile. Foam is much easier on the feet than carpet and much cheaper. The main thing for me is all the lint that comes off of carpet. The dirt goes right through the carpet and sits on the floor. Every time you walk on the carpet it disturbs the dirt as well as breaking down the carpet. I removed all the carpet from my house and just have a few throw rugs here and there, where we sit or stand all the time. Couldn't believe the difference in the amount of dust in the house.
Go to Top of Page

Craig H
Fireman

1628 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  2:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update.. Well carpet is being installed next week wed. Been doing Research on installing Thin Brick on one long wall[:-splat] I really like the look of weathered Brick... Going to have 2 Flat screen TV's hanging on my walls on both sides of the Basement with surround sound.[:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

Pennman
Fireman

USA
4229 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  2:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig H

Update.. Going to have 2 Flat screen TV's hanging on my walls on both sides of the Basement with surround sound.[:-thumbu]

Craig,

Sounds to me you won't be able to get much modeling done, watching TV !! [:-bigeyes]
Your best bet is to have a large monitor with the Railroad Line forums viewable so you can put models together.

Rich
Go to Top of Page

Craig H
Fireman

1628 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  5:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich, I can play all my Logging DVD's I have and other Railroad DVD's for Motivation .... one of my favorites is the On3 Hangman Creek Lumber company. [:-spin]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000