Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  08:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers, from overcast and warm N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn signaled READY with Pullman Porter blend today. The special is Breakfast Burritos with or without Chorizo sausage. Oatmeal for the calmer appetites. Non-standard beverages available.

If you haven't checked out CarlB's "Dickens Victorian London Build" in the Scratchbuilt forum you are missing a classic on these forums.

I did a little 'organizing' (playing) down in the cave yesterday to avoid the heat. It got up to 86 and very humid. I should be out chopping wood, but the bugs and mosquitoes have been terrible. C'mon frost! It'll be here before we know it.

Spent a little time on the Ferris Wheel last night, but not a lot has changed. Well, back to the cave, op session down South tomorrow and I'm bringing some toys down to the host.

Have a Super day!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

USA
2977 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  09:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from severely clear So. Wisconsin. 54f degrees now and 71 later and barely a breeze at 1mph. A great day to take the 5 year old grandson to Mattelís Monster Truck bash and show. No time for Farmer Markets or anything else as this runs from 10 to 4. If he doesnít enjoy it, the backup plan is donuts! One of the best donut bakeries opened a new shop and the grandson loves donuts and 1 is his limit. If he has fun at the show the donut shop will still be hit!

Thanks Jim for opening. Gee how many cords of wood do you want? My SIL and his Crew have been cutting trees to clear the storm damage from this weekís storms. Lots of old oak and birch trees came down. Everyone have a great day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7835 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  09:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew this fine sunny Saturday morning in the Train yard. Tea and Oatmeal for me, coffee and Voortman later. Can't break the trend....

We'll be able to open the house up today as the temp is only supposed to go to 83. Be nice to air things out. With the 2 3D printers and the IPA Alcohol unit working it can add some "flavor" to the atmosphere.

2 days left and I lock the door of RSSM. I'm not going away just pulling back from retail sales. I have two kit manufactures I'll be supplying 3D parts to and I'll also sell a lot of left over items on eBay. Plans are also to see about offering our like of 3D parts on Shapeways. That way I don't have to do the manufacturing, packing and shipping. That's what got us down.

Mary is doing better but still having some issues. Her thyroid seems to be swollen and might have nodules on the right side one. They are going to do an ultra sound and possibly a biopsy to make sure there is no cancer. That side is sore when touched so that's why the Dr. wants to check it out. Always something when you get older.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the WARM and SUNNY Train yard.
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10365 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  09:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and nice in Michigan this morning. Severe clear in the dictionary version, for sure. 60 going to 70 today.

I had a doc appointment yesterday and got a script sent in to the Rx shop on the way home. Was about 11 am, took 5 hours for them to get it filled. Itís not my regular pharmacy but figured it would be quick and easy.....poorly managed outfit with no where near enough help. Doc said heís seeing lots of allergy related visits, ragweed hits on or about Aug 12. I was looking at the date on the the anti nausea med I was given the last time I had on of my vertigo episodes and it was 2015. I hope Iím not in another cycle of that. Once home I started the 6-6-6-5-4-3-2-1 per day dosage of steroid, Maybe Iíll get my abs back!

No modeling right now, maybe today, but looking outside it looks like grass needs a trim, or tomorrow, or...

Sorry Jim, no burritos today. Maybe the oatmeal, I know thatís what the Doll wants when I offered her an egg.

I see an email from Walthers that they are offering new C&O E-8s and what is looking a lot like the cars they should have used for the Pere Marquette train they threw together for the Grand Rapids NMRA. $110 per car. Guess Iíll be passing on that offering. The REAL PM was a sharp looking train with E-7 power that made two round trips GR to DET right through my area here. It was before my time in the area but Iíve heard stories of friends that grew up around here and enjoyed the service.

Everyone have a good day. My SPARTANS play at 4:30, I believe, on FOX.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31273 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  09:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and heading up to the low 70's today in S.E. Michigan.

It is too nice to be indoors, so we will head up near Frankenmuth to poke around.

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10365 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  5:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

we will head up near Frankenmuth

MMmmmm....Chicken!!![:-apple]

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
2977 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2019 :  7:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Everyone have a good day. My SPARTANS play at 4:30, I believe, on FOX.

Karl, you will need more then meds to watch your football team. Tough game! Between the Badgers and Spartans this year I have watched more college football this year then maybe the last 10 seasons combined. You will need to add a defibrillator to the medicine cabinet. What a finish but sorry Spartans lost.

TomO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000