Friday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4542 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  08:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from wet and warm N.E.Indiana. WeatherRadio got a test last evening. But, the coffee urn survived and it's READY with Railbender blend. The special is Hashbrowns and eggs. Two slices of toast, Deadrail, etc. to drink. Someone left the Smoothie machine a mess.

I finished some yard (1:1) work yesterday and planted about 2000 sq ft. of grass seed after letting the rototiller take me for workout. I beat the rain, so that was good.

I was updating the Ferris Wheel project thread when the nature show got exciting. So that ended that activity. Maybe I'll work on that a little later. Keep your powder dry.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7834 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  08:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew.70f here right now with T-Storms expected later this morning. English Muffin and tea, coffee later.

We had our plumbing work done yesterday and now Mary has a new kitchen sink, faucet and garbage disposal. Plus a new faucet in the Master Bath. Also had a couple of water valves replaced with ball valves which ae much better and don't tend to gum up.

Received an 11 page order yesterday. That's the biggest we've ever gotten. It's been fun but time to wind down a bit.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Stormy Train Yard.
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11574 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  08:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Just stopping by to say hi! Usually I have my coffee in the ON30 lounge but wanted to stop in to see what's new here.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10360 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  08:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds with overnight rain and forecast of more today including some fireworks. Zit was determined not to have been a tornado around here the other night but the trees and roofs blew away anyhow.

Headed to doctor this morning, had a severe vertigo attack yesterday that ruined the day. Been several years since that happened. Bad sinus head. My driver seems to be under the radar, too, this morning.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
2972 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  09:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt, Jerry, Karl and incoming Crew. Lots of rain again last night but the boomers kept shaking the house. Almost 5Ē of rain the last 3 nights have really soaked the ground. After a cool day today and tomorrow the 80ís returned. I am waiting for the SiLís report on downed trees blocking the trails, he has been cutting lots of trees the last few days.

I am working on the last of the pipe racks for the Paper Mill. Trying to figure out the final color for the mill as it has been in a primer color the last year. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31271 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  09:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is once again overcast here in S.E. Michigan. We had a bit more rain overnight and more is on the way for this afternoon.

Bonnie is having a friend over this afternoon and apparently the area around my easy chair needs straightening up.

I've been dealing with a bad head cold, but today seems a bit better than yesterday so far.

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7732 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  10:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce, i know that "you have to clean up your mess" directive!

Perfect late summer/early fall weather in SE NH. It got down to 46 last night, up to maybe 68 today, sunny. I'll have to cut the grass a bit later (letting the dew burn off.) It's pretty long since I seeded some patches and wanted that grass to get established.

Yesterday I did some more putzing on the rocks in Mill Valley. Today I hope to get back to that, and maybe start texturing the hillsides.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000