Saturday Lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tloc
Fireman

USA
2921 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  07:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from crisp at 51f degrees heading to 81 So. Wisconsin. For a change no rain is forecast so this should be a great weather day. The coffee is ready, Steamtown North American blends, the k-cups are stacked and ready, the water is hot and ready for cereal, tea or some finger dripping. We have Cinnabon French toast, sides are bacon, ham or cold cereal. The fruit is fresh, the smoothie machine has been sterilized and therefore is clean. Breads are thick sourdough, made fresh this morning. There are some donuts as a desert or light meal. The sodas are diet and they are cold.

Today we head to a sweet corn festival for our third year. Not sure why sweet corn is so great when made in batches of thousands. That is the midday event, this morning we check on the Farmer Market around the Capital in Madison. They still claim it is the largest in the nation vendor wise. Some great stuff and awesome cookies can be found.
I believe Jim is out playing with the real stuff today and we wish him and everyone a great day.

Tomo

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4508 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  08:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the incoming crew from ;ight drizzling N.E. Indiana with 95% humidity, and temps heading into the 90's today. It will be a wonderful weather day for the continuing open house. 5 hours as conductor yesterday. Probably at least that many today. Maybe a little throttle time. Had a great time! Watching the little kids going bananas with the sights and sounds of the steam engines and the diesel engines rumbling. Excitement runs pretty high. I was tired when I got home, but not hesitating to trek back out there today and into the night. See ya later!

Have a Super (heater) Day!

Jim
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15183 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  08:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. That sweet corn festival sounds like a great way to spend the day, Tom. Have fun.

It's another humid morning in Tidewater Virginia. I'm going to do a short bike ride and then head to the club.

Modeling tip of the day: if you're taking a baby aspirin every day, do you cutting with something less sharp than a scalpel.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31248 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  09:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and 69 degrees, heading up to 80 later today.

We had rain over night, so once again everything is wet outside. I did get the lawn mowed yesterday afternoon and some brush cleared at the fence line between our property and the farmer's field.

Bonnie is getting cabin fever, so we will head out exploring today.

George, good tip on the cutting tools. Are you wearing any bandages this morning?

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10319 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  10:03:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and warming in Michigan today. Grand Rapids this morning, going to LHS and then ops at Chubbís. This is the first all summer for me.

I finished the wiring for my new air compressor in the shop, ran the 30 minute breakin and plumbed the discharge valve, pressure regulator and quick connect.

Iím looking forward to the ops session. It should be fun. Well the Open sign is lit.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/18/2019 08:04:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7695 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  10:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mostly overcast in SE NH, not warm but humid. I suspect some places had fog. Showers/thunderstorms tonight, and another day like this tomorrow. Getting hot the first part of next week, so I'm not complaining about the weekend weather.

I've been reviewing books and videos (particularly Kathy Millatt's excellent series) on doing water, in preparation for tackling the mill valley canal. I still have lots more stuff to do before I can think about a pour, though.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6646 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  10:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin,' All!

70, partly cloudy, breezy, comfortable and headed north to the eighties here in the northern mitten today. Delightful day to be alive and having had a glorious nap in Good Sleeping Weather last night. I like the cooler weather, especially at night, and when I don't have to pay for it!

Jim, it sounds like you have fallen into a Really Good Gig. Anything that lights people up in a positive way is Beneficial and highly rewarding! Thanks!! [:-thumbu] [:-thumbu]

Made some minor progress on track yesterday, then found a problem with a switch that is driving me nuts. The "heave it against the wall" option is rapidly coming to mind, and that's what may happen. Figuratively, of course, as I don't want to ding the wall.... [:-boggled] [:-irked]

And looking out the window at the glorious late summer day, I cannot help but notice that the glorious little Harbinger Maple down the hill next door, my indicator of Autumn on the Way, has begun to transition from green to light green to orange. The orange bits now stick out amongst all of the rest of the green. It won't be long now....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15183 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  10:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

George, good tip on the cutting tools. Are you wearing any bandages this morning?

Yes. It was a minor cut, but the workbench looked like a crime scene,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000