Friday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4489 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  08:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and you lurkers! The coffee urn is READY with Railbender blend this day. The special is a low carb cheese omelet with black peppered bacon on the side. Tea and the normal beverages all ready.

Yesterday I hauled out the extension ladder and spent about 3 hours cleaning out gutters. Between the heat, humidity, and the climbing, I was pretty much done for the day. A power nap soon followed. I did a little drawing and reading last night.

Today is day 1 of the Open House at the FWRHS facility. Looks like its' going to rain any minute. I mentioned to one of the guys last week that Friday will probably be light traffic at the Open House. "NO, it is the hardest day!" I was a little puzzled by that one. "All the Senior Citizens come on Friday". I immediately thought, how old can these folks be? How old did he think I was?

I'll be grabbing my slicker out of the shop and head over to the 1:1 train yard here in about an hour. I'm sure I'll feel like a 'kid or a geezer' with that crew.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31245 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  08:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 63 degrees here in S.E. Michigan.

It looks like rain is in the forecast for the next few days, so I better mow the lawn today. I'll have to shuffle all the other "important" items on my 'to do' list.

Jim, I hope the rain doesn't negatively impact the open house too much.

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
2906 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  08:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Jim have fun. So. Wisconsin seems to have gotten smaller as the cloud cover is extremely low. We just had a brief but drenching shower. The recent flights of jet fighters have flown overhead a few minutes ago, what a great feel when you know they fly in peace. Felt and heard them but unable to see them with the cloud cover. Mark B., I really am not too surprised by who models trains, but wow what a contrast jet fighter pilot and model R.R.

The weather folks are saying possible quick hitting rain anytime today and we will hit the 80ís for the next 7 days. Looks like mostly a cave day. Enjoy yours.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10308 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  08:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dense fog here this morning, I can barely see the tree line behind my house, temp is a damp 57, winds are calm except for the hot air from the cook line. Forecast here is for 80 this afternoon. Another hot spell moving in this weekend and next week.

I worked on installing the air compressor, wiring and outlet pipe, only two trips for bits and pieces. Iíll finish up later but first itís Eagle has Landed day, so Iíll have some administrative duties to handle. [:-boring]

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6642 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

62, grey, headed for 80 or so and maybe boomers this afternoon here in the northern mitten. Very flat light right now, too....

Made some actual track progress last night, and hope to get more in the next few days, as that will be that for awhile after next week's ankle fusion festivities. Looking at two-to-three months or eight-to-twelve weeks (your choice, but work the math) on what I now understand I need to call "Austin Kneely," so that will be interesting. Maybe.... Upstairs table projects seem to be Medically Indicated, so I need to make as much progress downstairs as I can before things get "interesting."

And I suppose I should go finish off the Admin stuff that accumulated yesterday when I took an actual "Me" day and did what I wanted instead of what everybody else wanted....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31245 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  09:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orionvp17

... I took an actual "Me" day and did what I wanted ...

Pete, a belated Happy Birthday! I see that I missed it yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6642 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  09:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bruce!

I think I'm now one of Jim's "Old Guys!" [:-boggled]

I'm OK with that!

But I'm still trying to process being "in my seventies." [:-boggled]

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15183 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  10:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's another humid day in this corner of Virginia. I've finished my bike ride and I think I'll cut some more vinyl on my Cricut machine.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10308 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  11:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orionvp17

Thanks, Bruce!

But I'm still trying to process being "in my seventies." [:-boggled]

Pete

You still have 8-9 years of fun to get used to it.

Seventies, the "new geezer-dom"[:-tophat]

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000