Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 65

Rick
Administrator

USA
23096 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  05:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Cherry Diet Pepsi are ready to go.

Cloudy and upper 50's with rain late in the day.

Bike ride for sure this morning and various household chores after.

Have a great day everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23096 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  06:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

quote:
Originally posted by rca2

Good morning, everyone. The coffee smells great.

How do I become a premium member? I tried the "Support the RR Line" link, but it appears to be broken. I went to that organization's web page, but didn't find anything related to this site.

Happy election day. Bob.

It is a long drawn out process that requires a DeLorean and a flux capacitor. You have to go back to the good old days. [:-paperbag]

Larry, I know Geezer was a very dear friend of yours and you miss him a lot as well as some of the other regulars that no longer post.
I miss them all too and I'm sure it's the same for all those that do stop in and say hello and chat about what they are up to.
But none of that should keep you or anyone else from continuing what has been started here.
Why not stop in more often and say hello and create some new good old days.
Go to Top of Page

ironflyer
Fireman

USA
1305 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  07:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Good Morning and some coffee. Thanks!
After work some black coffee and a touch of the brown water for Bill.
Thanks Rick on the acquired Climax, she has a couple gear issues but, expected, I’ll look to get the bits and square her away. My shays and the one I got from Geez are like two pound watches.

Great day all,

That's fine, it'll make another trip kid.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

friscomike
Fireman

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  08:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's 59F and raining today. Leaves are finally turning color.

I am looking forward to trying some new Vallejo paint on wood, so it is bench time for me today.

Tonight is the Texas Western biz meeting. The meeting in an hour away, and I hate driving in the rain. The sacrifices we make for our hobby...

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11838 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  10:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/52. Later 62 rain.

Off to the grocery store. and such other things!

Bench time will consist of figuring out how to make a big building smaller but making it look the same as the original building.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3237 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  12:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the white of So. Wisconsin where what we finally got yesterday is more like ice then the S word. Back from the fitness center and I was reviewing the ice melt directions while still in the garage. Terry asked why I was reading it and told her won’t work if too cold. She said turn on the radiant heat and walked away. Yes, I forgot the front walk areas and a pad maybe 20’ x 40’ in front of the garage have the heat coils. This getting older is tough!

Tom
Go to Top of Page

David Clark
Fireman

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  4:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys! Well the house-hunting was a success. We found a nice house on Vancouver Island, 15 min bike ride for my wife to get to work. I will need to find work.... The place has 2 acres of woods, 3500 sf with an attached 2-car garage and a detached 3-car garage. My wife let me have the 2-car garage for my hobby stuff :-)
Have a good day,
Cheers,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

ironflyer
Fireman

USA
1305 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  5:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds great!!

Paul
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11838 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  5:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's late the Happy hour started 45 minutes ago.

Cold ones in the fridge, white wine, and the sodas!
We Have bourbons, rye's on the back shelf for those interested.

I'm going to have an Eagle rare before dinner. I hope you guys join in.

Come on Larry join in its going to be a HOOT later on when Rick gets here.

I'll be back for a night cap!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23096 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  6:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening gents.

Dave, congrats on the new digs.

Jerry, not sure how much of a HOOT I'll be adding tonight.

An Eagle Rare sounds good as does a good stout or two as chasers while watching Thursday night football. [:-football]
Go to Top of Page

ironflyer
Fireman

USA
1305 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  7:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here’s to it!
Bit o black coffee and a bit of the three-sided green,
Cheers Lads!

Paul
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3237 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  9:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh boy, three nights in a roll for me the non drinker. I threw some more logs on the fire. Low tonight in So. Wisconsin will be 7, I do not want to know what the wind chill will be. A wee glass of the Rare Eagle which I do now have at home too.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11838 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  10:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom good see you joining again for a little night cap. Thanks for putting on the logs.

Glad Rick & Paul made it in also.

Dave sounds like you have room for a new RR. I mean after the honey do list is complete!!

Jerry

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 11/07/2019 10:22:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23096 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  06:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Cherry Diet Pepsi are ready to go.

Sunny but cooler with a high only in the low 40's.

Tom, you actually have a bottle? Thoughts?

Paul, haven't seen the green bottle set out for a while. [:-thumbu]

Bike is in the shop because one of my gear shift cables broke.
Should have it back this afternoon and hopefully get a ride in.

In the mean time there's plenty of stuff that needs to be done around the house.

Have a great day everyone.
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3237 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  08:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee Rick, I have lots of thoughts. Some not for a family friendly forum or they maybe political which also is not allowed. Oh, the Eagle Rare. I had asked my brother before he went on his vacation about it and he had not heard of it. For the 1st time in 63 years(his age) he got me a birthday present in September. Because I am a diabetic I rarely drink and was a weak drinker before that anyway. I know nothing about beer, whiskey, wine or bourbon. I have, I have been told a very nicely stocked bar of which the only time Terry or me add something is beer. Terry likes the Miller lites of the world, I can handle a beer if it is almost frozen. He sent me a bottle from the “antique collection” because he could and regular is never good enough. He has changed since he got money. Anyway, I am waiting for him to open the bottle. Antique is aged at least 17 years compared to the normal of 10. I have no clue what all that means. That is the breath of my knowledge. He is here next week for a family meeting and between the kids, meaning my son, daughter, SIL, niece and whatever current gf they bring we will open it then. My brother will tell me what to look for and taste when I drink it. I will nod my head look interested and report the next day. All that said, I love my brother but food and drink, finance, he is the expert except in the stock market.

Dave, congrats on the house. Job! If she got one why look? Lol...

Today is movie day of the week II. In honor of that we will go see the 2nd Malificent movie. I enjoyed the 1st, Terry doesn’t remember it which means she didn’t enjoy it. Enjoy your day.

Tom

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 65 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000