Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 100

Philip
Fireman

USA
3126 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  10:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning ! Schedule is awful this week on- off- on. Anyhow off today sealing the chimney for winter. 47 degrees this morning and hummers are still here! Mower blades are in, putting the deck back on. Super foggy the last couple of days, waiting for the roof to dry and then the fun begins!

Mike, my production is with naps on the easy chair. Part-time productive, mostly unproductive.[:-cowboy]
61 going on 90 I feel sometime.....
Have a great day, the weather is finally fantastic!

Philip

Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3831 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Thanks for the well wishes on the house. If it sells soon that will be great but there is no immediate rush or need. Mike, we will not be moving to Texas, visit the son in Austin, yes, but too hot and muggy for full time. Jerry, Rick, you guys are safe too, New Jersey taxes are worst then Wisconsin. No place is perfect, well maybe San Diego weather wise but itís also in California, no thanks. Someone asked me on FB if I would build the new layout in an outbuilding. Been there done that and nope it will not happen. If the layout is in the basement or bonus room I can pop in and out. When it was in the outbuilding I felt I had to stay there or plan the trip. Well, I have a honey do list to work on.

Enjoy your day
Tom
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
12500 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  2:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks opening.

I just put a fresh pot on. Might have to throw a log in the fireplace and take the chill off this place!

Weather in South Jersey rainy/52! RF/47!!

Just got back picking up the dog from the groomer!!

Maybe some train time later on.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23730 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2019 :  06:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Diet Dr Pepper are ready to go.

Partly cloudy and upper 60's here today.

Tom, I agree with you about the taxes here and plan on moving out as soon as I retire.
Pennsylvania, Colorado and Nevada are on my list of possible sates to move to.

Philip, careful on the roof.

Bike ride in the AM, not committing to what the rest of the day will be.

Have a great day everyone.
Go to Top of Page

friscomike
Fireman

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2019 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Tom, when we retired here, we built a 20 X 20 foot workshop for woodworking. It is behind the house and down steps. I feel the same as you with the outbuilding. It is not a quick walk to get there, and I felt I had to plan the trip...thus I don't use it as much as I'd like.

It's 80F going to 93F, but tonight's low is 49F and RAIN. Tomorrow forecast to be 65F. Hope it happens.

Rick, hope you enjoy the ride.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
12500 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2019 :  11:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/61. A nice Fall day here.

As far as Jersey taxes go one reason we live in Toms River is because its the senior capital of Jersey and we have very low taxes thank God!!

Maybe some paint on the Fordson if I get a chance today seems the wife has plans every day for the next 100 years!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3831 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2019 :  12:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Good morning still in So. Wisconsin. The car is cleaned, the hair is cut, so I am ready for tomorrow. The weather today will be nice with the rain starting around 9 this evening. Wind chills in the low 20ís overnight till noon on Friday but we will be on the road around 8, so no bother to us.

Last Fall, Terry, our daughter, my sister, the brotherís g/f and my sonís g/f all went on a couple trips to search for a spot to move to. They hit Nashville, the suburbs of Vegas, Evergreen Colorado, San Diego, Hilo, Ha., Melbourne, Australia, and the Hill Country of Texas. They were looking at land values, taxes, temperatures and schools for my granddaughter whose has Down Syndrome. Turns out Wisconsin isnít all that bad except for inheritance tax issues and the ever changing weather. Wait 5 minutes...etc. My son isnít likely to have any kids so staying closer to the 2 we have is important to us tor Terry and I might be in Belize. I also wouldnít have minded Puerto Rico but since the hurricane that US Territory is a total mess and will take maybe 25 years to get going again. So many new opportunities there but the Government has missed the boat IMO there. No matter where we go, the layout is built modular so it would move again.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23730 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2019 :  5:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Had a very nice day off today and there's more to go.
Did 50 miles on the bike trainer.
Then did laundry and some kitchen clean-up.
Weather outside was sunny and low 70's, so I built a fire and relaxed with a cigar and coffee.

Had a pizza for dinner with a couple of stouts.
There's more stouts in the fridge and some Oktoberfest brews along with more pizza.
So help yourselves.

Besides Eagle Rare, Henry McKenna 10 yr Bottled in Bond bourbon is one of my favorites.
Lately it's been very hard to find but yesterday I lucked into a bottle.
It's on the counter too.

In a little while I'll warm up the stereo and enjoy some tunes.

Have a great evening everyone.

Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
12500 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2019 :  7:18:49 PM  Show Profile
Evening Rick
Glad you had a nice day off!

Grocery shopping today.

I wanted to spray the Fordson today but the wind just would not settle down.
Guess one of these days I'll have to get a spray booth and learn how to spray paint without a can!!

Rick I will join you with a McKenna! I looked the other day but not find a bottle of it either.

I'll be back later for a night cap!!

Jerry

Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23730 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2019 :  07:57:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

The mis-casters are calling for a lot of clouds and upper 60's today.

Tom, the three states I listed for retirement were chosen because they met three criteria important to me.
They aren't on either coast, they offer the opportunity for hiking and are tax friendly for retirees.

Grocery shopping and meal prep this morning and a bike ride after that.
A little more relaxing after that to get ready for another week at work.

Go to Top of Page

friscomike
Fireman

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2019 :  08:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Finally, the dry spell and hot weather have broken. It is 49F now headed to 65F, and it rained most of the night and is still going for a while longer. No 90's are in the forecast. Fall is finally here.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
12500 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2019 :  11:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Its a cloudy/60 here in South Jersey and that's the high!!
Goodness is winter going to move in this fast?

Seeing I have to spray outside its just to windy today again. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

Jerry

Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
12500 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2019 :  6:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy hour is in full swing.

Started the fireplace up to take the chill off. Its 58 here in South Jersey.

Red wine, bourbons, whiskeys on the back bar!

Cold ones in the fridge with the white wine and sodas.

Come on in and have a little sip by the fire.

I'm going to have a McKenna neat

Be back later!

Jerry

Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23730 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2019 :  06:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Partly cloudy and low 70's here today.

Jerry, I fell asleep very early and missed out on your spread.

Back to work today.

Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3831 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2019 :  08:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Memphis. Heading down to breakfast then tourism stuff. The
reservations for Nashville got messed up so we switched the plans early enough
so driving here wasnít much different. We will hit Nashville on the way home or at
Thanksgiving when we are going there for some UW woman hockey games anyway. As
usual when we drive we rarely follow a schedule, we go and if we donít like we leave.
Being retired driving around the USA is cool. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 100 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000