Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 65

tloc
Fireman

USA
3239 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2019 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning (Central Time zone) from overcast, cool So. Wisconsin. The Farmer Market trip today was a bust, she purchased zippo! Did a grocery store trip, never on Sunday, because the spend 75 get $.50 per gallon of gas discount ended today. We now have $2.46 per gallon deduction when I need gas this week. As soon as we got in the parking lot we both realized why we donít shop on Sunday, but the gas deductions are worth it.

Enjoy the day
Tom
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23098 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  03:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and Diet Dr Pepper are ready to go.

Some clouds and low 80's here again today.

Hopefully a bike ride after work today and maybe a bit of mowing the lawn too.

Mike, hope your dog is doing better.

Have a great day everyone.
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11840 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  08:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Mike I hope the dog is doing better.

Weather in South Jersey P. sunny/64. Later 81.

Dog to the vet for her Rabi shot.
Grocery shopping and oil change for the car.

Maybe some time at the bench later.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3239 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  09:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where the sky has fallen in. Literally from the front door I cannot see the driveway. It has thrown off the morning schedule but any retiree will adjust, thankfully there are no jobs needed to be driven to.

I received from Walthers a birthday discount, I spent most of the 2nd football game time figuring out an order for stuff I really didnít need but wanted. Then I cut it in half and ordered it. The stuff ordered is for the layout here, next week I will be ordering for the layout starting in Austin. October and most of November will be spent touring the Southwest with the base being Austin. My wife spends most of January there but because of my health issues the last few years I have missed going then. No issues planned for this year.

Enjoy your day
Tom
Go to Top of Page

friscomike
Fireman

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  10:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Still hot and dry. This weather is crazy, and Tom, there is plenty of warm weather forecast for your trip down south.

Rose (dog) is still hobbling around but better this morning. Thanks for "get better" comments. I'll tell her.

Lodge tonight and bench today.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6727 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  1:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
G'day all, jet lagged but at home now. Freezing cold when you're get used to 90's plus.Planned to attend the Springfield show in Januari and the St. Louis NNGC next year.
Have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23098 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  04:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Another very nice day here today with plenty of sunshine and temps in the upper 70's.

Hi Martin.

Mike, continued positive thoughts for Rose.

Tom have fun with your shopping spree.

Jerry, bench time?

Not sure if today is my Friday.
Long story so I won't bore you with it.

Nap, bike ride and mow the back yard in that order when I get home.

Go to Top of Page

friscomike
Fireman

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  07:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Martin, glad you are hope safely.

Still hot!

Rose is about the same, thanks for your thoughts.

Grocery shopping and bench time are on tap for the day.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Edited by - friscomike on 09/17/2019 07:33:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11840 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  07:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Weather in South Jersey sunny/62! Later/76!
It will be a nice day.

No time at the bench yesterday.

Today we are headed to North Jersey one of the grandkids is heading back to college. So we are taking her out to lunch.

Martin glad your home safely.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3239 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  09:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Movie day today and we are seeing Hustlers that Jennifer Lopez is supposed to be great in. I am not a fan of hers but I go to movies for enjoyment and weíll see why the experts say she should get a Oscar nomination. Finally decent choices for movies.

I have a PayPal account I use only for my trains and it has way too much of a balance so I been trying to whittle it down. Anyway, stupid me, Terry glanced at the balance yesterday and the evil eye was given. Nothing said, so Iím ok.

Everyone have a great day.
TomO
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
23098 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2019 :  06:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny but temps will only reach the low 70's today.

Tom, glad that you're still OK.

Yesterday did end up being my Friday. [:-party]

Didn't get the lawn mowed yesterday so I'll do it this morning and a bike ride after that.
Rest of the day will be for relaxing.

Go to Top of Page

friscomike
Fireman

USA
1284 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2019 :  07:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you have a good weekend.

It is finally cooling here. 94F today with 20% chance for rain.

Work day at the lodge so no bench for me today. I did a few things yesterday though.

Have fun,
Mike

Go to Top of Page

Philip
Fireman

USA
2767 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2019 :  08:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning guys! I'm on the threshold of retirement, not certain about the future. Need to apply for SSI and most likely work until age 66.
BOOOO! Or not?

Usually check the lounge daily. Still fiddling with my 6x6 layout. Actually making progress!

Philip
US Army Retired

Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3239 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2019 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a nice morning from So. Wisconsin. Yesterdayís movie was Hustlers and it was a ok flick. Is it an Oscar nominating performance for Jennifer Lopez? Well, not in my opinion. But, maybe for Constance Wu who was great. Caveat, when it comes to Oscar nominations and winners I am not a good picker, my idea of a movie is about entertainment and enjoyment. I donít read into things like what underlying reason was the director putting out there. Enjoyment or not!

Today is our anniversary #43 and marrying Terry by far is the best thing I ever did. Having the kids is right there also! Heading to Ruth Chris for dinner tonight, the horses this morning and the walk around noon. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

USA
11840 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2019 :  09:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Have fun on the bike ride beautiful day for it.

Weather here in South Jersey sunny/58. Later/68!

Tom Happy anniversary to you and the wife!!

Diane has an eye appointment later today.
So not beach.

Maybe sometime painting parts to the Fordson.

Jerry

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 65 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000