Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

railman28
Fireman

USA
5535 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2020 :  9:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I not happy with Value gear and yoke assembly. I kinda kobbeled it together with it not having much strength so I'm trying to redo it.
Here's the new design, being printed in resin now. If it fits it will be done in brass if Shapeways can handle it.

Pretty Pictures aren't they?

Bob

It's only make-believe
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
6094 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2020 :  9:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, very pretty pictures.
Go to Top of Page

Bernd
Fireman

USA
3534 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  09:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Went back through the thread. Couldn't find a picture of your original valve gear. It looks pretty good. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be able to be cast in brass.

Bernd

WWG1WGA
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
5535 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  4:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, thank you.

Bernd,

Here's the old yoke brass casting with first resin print. The purpose of his first print was to check my measurements. Some adjustments had to be made for fit and I also reduced some parts to make them look better.

As you can see that as I was checking it out I also broke the print. That's is why this part is being done in Brass. I uploaded and had Shapeways Computer check the file. It was happy, but as you might know that is only half the battle to get something printed.

Bob

It's only make-believe
Go to Top of Page

Bernd
Fireman

USA
3534 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  6:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah, Ok. Thanks.

Bernd

WWG1WGA
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
5535 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2020 :  5:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I await the printing in brass of the Crosshead Yoke, pump and check valves from Shapeways I started work on the Buildings of Miller's Slough. First up is the home of the Owner of the General Store;

Next his Store.

It's only make-believe
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
6094 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2020 :  6:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thatís a very nice looking model, Bob.
Go to Top of Page

Faire to Midland
New Hire

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2020 :  6:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Beautiful house!
Go to Top of Page

Frank Palmer
Fireman

USA
5791 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2020 :  8:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bob, that's some pretty amazing work you're doing in 3D. Do you need those crazy red & blue glasses to work on it?

Frank
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32306 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  08:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a great looking house, Bob.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
5535 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  6:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike and Bruce, Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Frank, Sometimes I think those glasses might help!

As part of the 2020 Challenge I built Owen's Store;

The store has an Ad letting everybody know that they cane order from Montgomery Ward and have it shipped to the Store.

Here's a close-up;

Next will be another vintage Timberline kit. Their #155 Daryl's house. It's another small house but it has two additions on the rear that make an interesting long rambling structure.

Here's some pictures;

This is kinda how it goes together;

Timberline provided 1/16"sq.timbers for bracing, I added some 1/8"sq.. Here're some sample walls;

Be safe out there please,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
6094 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  11:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob

I like that store. Well done!

The house should prove to be another winner. Millerís Slough appears to be experiencing a population boom.

Mike

Go to Top of Page

Frank Palmer
Fireman

USA
5791 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  09:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bob, your building skills have diminished some. I think the virus is getting to you.

Frank
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
5535 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  6:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, thanks a lot.

Frank, I just got to shake the Box a little more.

It's only make-believe
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
5535 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2020 :  7:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Timberline's Kit has(d) a prototype that was still standing in some small Colorado town. While the House was built in the 19th century I think it updated in the 50's and I think that is the version that timberline modeled. One of the marks of a 19th century structure is generally smaller window panes. This is especially the case if the area was not served by a railroad or a wagon ride from a port. Yes, glass breaks and bigger panes breaks easier. In the kit as provided the front of the house has a large picture window and all three doors are 1/2 glass. Here's a picture of the drawing;

So anyway, the large panes of glass had to go. The door I just traded out with Tichy doors. For the large picture window I cobbled together two large Tichy Windows.

While I'm talking about Tichy castings (I also use Grandt Line) let me just mention that we are so blessed to have these suppliers. This Kit came with a dozen styrene casting. They have very nice detail but require a lot of clean-up. Grandt Line and Tichy have us spoiled.

Bob

It's only make-believe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000