Saturday Morning Lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31162 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  08:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where the clouds are winning over the sun once again. It is 68 degrees and rain will be moving in later today.

Breakfast today includes heart healthy oatmeal, plus a not so heart healthy 4 cheese omelet. Our coffee today is our Ashpit Blend.

It is my turn to mow the 'common area' around the pond, and I might try to get that done this morning. Otherwise we get into rain until Tuesday.

I put the finishing touches on my workbench yesterday. Now to keep the surface neat. Yeah, right.[:-banghead]

What is on your agenda?

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7758 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  08:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce and the rest of the RR-L Crew this Rainy Saturday morning. Supposed to rain all week except Friday. Mary says that good so she can mow the lawn.

Breakfast will be a slice of raisin cinnamon toast, cup of tea with coffee and Voortman later. Back down to 173#. But, we have a BBQ dinner at Church tonight so I have to eat light till then at least. Maybe 1 rib will break my 1,300 calorie count for the day!

Around the house work today. With it raining I'll disassemble 4 more new railing assemblies so I can shorten all the newel posts. Then possible cut the rails for instillation next weekend.... if no rain. Then it's Mary's project to power wash all the deck and stain it. Should look like new.

everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the WET Train Yard.

Walt
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
2754 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  08:41:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce, Walt and incoming Crew. So. Wisconsin is mostly sunny but the clouds and possible rain are moving in. We are going to hit a few different Farmers Markets today as a few more farmers are buying Terry’s hydroponic tomatoes and selling at these markets. There are also a couple craft shows that may be hit today.

Have a good day
TomO
Go to Top of Page

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4289 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  08:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce, Walt, and the incoming crew. Thanks for opening up an the breakfast, Ashpit is a good match for the weather here too.

Yesterday was a perfect 76 and sunny, had the big shop doors open and spent most of the day out there. Took some car parts from previous projects down the road to a small auto repair shop and donated about 20 carburetors, a huge box of points, plugs, and other ignition parts to him. Made another trip to the County Recycle center, and donated some scrap sheet metal and aluminum drops. Too bad it's lousy out this morning, I was on a roll.

Looks like I'll be stuck doing some paperwork, and drawing today.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15078 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  08:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Tidewater Virginia where we will see temps creep into the 80's today. That four cheese omelet sounds just right, Bruce, thanks.

Our youngest grand daughter graduates from high school this afternoon, so that's the main event for us today.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7568 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  09:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and seasonal in SE NH. In between moving the sprinkler on the new lawn, I'll be working on the next mill building. My castings from NE Brownstone arrived yesterday, so I can frame the dam and the mill foundations.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10197 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  09:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds and the rain is coming.

A friend of the Doll's stopped by and described the ease of power washing the deck while she was here. I've been asked to do that for some time now. The Deck "Stain" recommended by the Son in Law lasted most of 1 year. He's changed jobs but still is the SIL. Not much outdoors the next couple of days. I did get the mowing done for the next round of rain.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and dry.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000