Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4313 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from overcast and drizzling N.E. Indiana. The coffrr urn has signaled [red]READY[/] with SteamChest Expresso. This ought to wake you up! The special is a Denver omelet. The waffle iron is on the fritz and we sent it up to Karl, to figure out that high tech wiring. It'll probably come back with a new decoder and sound.

Another appointment this morning and then a few stops afterwards. I'm sure.

I did do some drawing and part making last night. 'Hinges' 5mm X 2.5mm X .44mm thick. I made them out of flexible plastic, and they seem to work pretty slick. I'll show them in another forum later.

Time to give 2 blast on the whistle and get rolling.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7761 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  08:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L crew. Clear but cool outside 55 and about as warm as it's going to get today. Clouding up a bit so maybe that rain predicted is arriving. Haven't checked the radar yet.

Piece of raisin/cinnamon swirl toast and a cup of tea. Coffee and Voortman later. Won't be sitting on the screen porch this morning, for sure.

Got some orders to pack and ship then take Mary to Panera Bread for lunch. One of her favorite places but we only get one thing there.

Everyone have Fun and Safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10205 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  08:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíll add the waffle iron to the Ďto doí stack. Letís have hot cakes, instead! Letís see if we can fix the ready light on the coffee/expresso machine READY!. there.....took two tries...

Rain and cold here in MI. Trip to Battle Creek for service was a hassle, major road construction in 3 different places were something to deal with. At the car dealership they had a tent set up in back parking area and a team of folks trying to repair a couple dozen cars that had big dents in them from the hail storm 2 weeks ago. Baseball hail can really raise ďhailí with car bodies. Donít buy a car in Battle Creek for a few months.

Things to do here today will get us thru the gloom, I hope, of the rain.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 06/13/2019 08:40:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31170 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  08:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is drizzly and 57 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. We will stay in the 50's today with heavier rain moving back in this afternoon. We got about an inch and a quarter of rain last night.

A few errands are on the schedule for today including a trip to the barber shop.

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7583 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  09:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rainy and cool, even chilly in SE NH. I put the heat on this morning to keep my wife comfortable. Today's goal, more mock-up of the next mill building, while waiting for materials.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15090 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  09:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's unseasonably chilly in Tidewater Virginia. It's still in the 60's! Pat's gone off to the fitness center, so I need to think about a bike ride.

Hope to fire up the soldering iron and work on a turnout later today.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
2766 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  09:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi from bright So. Wisconsin but cool. It dropped into the 40ís last night but the wife turned the heat on and the house is a warm 72f. The weather weenies predicted rains for most of today and tomorrow and low 60ís. It is very windy, no clouds and even the radar is clear. The guy on TV says the LOW centered in Iowa pushed the bad weather elsewhere. Sure!

I have no clue what is planned for today other then the kids are coming for dinner. The grandson, 5, graduated from 4K yesterday and did not want a gift from grandma, says he wanted her lasagna. So she is in the kitchen creating. I was not so lucky, he wanted a new slot car, 1/32 Ferrari, at least he has good taste. The 7 year old granddaughter who has Down Syndrome finished 2nd grade yesterday and is doing very well. She has difficulty with handwriting but give her a computer and she spells great and puts her sentences together. Overall, yesterday was super. Today will unfold.

Enjoy the day
Tom

Edited by - tloc on 06/13/2019 10:23:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Crew Chief

Canada
817 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  09:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Thanks for opening the lounge, Jim.

Cloudy and cool here as like you folks in the mid-west US. We are expecting rain with gusty winds for today.

Well, NHL hockey is over for another season, the St. Louis Blues took the Stanley Cup final in winning form last night in Boston beating the Bruins 4-1. Pretty good for the Blues who were in dead last place in January to take all the marbles. Despite Canadian teams being knocked out early on in the playoff rounds, I watched the rest of the playoffs as it was very good hockey this year.

Today, in a few moments, we are off with my daughter, Cara, to have her fitted with a scoliosis brace. She is a real trooper with such a positive attitude about the whole thing. A true inspiration for the family.

Have a great everyone.

Michael

Go to Top of Page

mwbpequod
Fireman

USA
1924 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  09:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rained hard last night and still dreary on/off rain now - just on the other side of 2 brief power outages.

Got office work to do and a chair to finish restoring/repairing in my shop taking up too much space on the one bench cutting into my train building space, so that's got top priority just to make it depart.

Mowed yesterday before the rain arrives after putting newly sharpened blades on the mower - makes a bit of a difference. So, I could also sharpen the old set of blades today and set them off ready for next year.

Stuff to do.....

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6525 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  11:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

51, feels like forty below and very wet grey here in the northern mitten, with good indications of more of the same for the next week or so. Eventually it will become summer up here, and things will improve. Eventually....

I hope.... [:-bigeyes2]

More teardown on the friend's railroad yesterday, and a very depressing process that is indeed. Long way to go, too, but he does have the benefit of lots of help.

Karl, thanks for fixing the silver bullet! We need that, especially if it's hot!

Today would be a good fire-in-the-fireplace day, but the way the wind is howling, I'd have the place full of smoke, and that's not a good idea, so it's off to take care of admin I go.... Wheee. [:-party]

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000