Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4700 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  07:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers. 56 and overcast here in N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is ready with Pullman Porter blend. The special is SOS, all you can eat! There is oatmeal too.

Early appointment this morning, so it's an 'out the door' breakfast.

1:1 projects stacking up.

Have a Super day!

Jim

George D

USA
15270 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  07:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. I'm about to leave for the airport USO. It's another nice day in Tidewater Virginia with temps in the 70's.

I'm working on hand laying a turnout and I'm not happy with my results. It's been a couple years since I built one and I'm back on the learning curve. I think I'll be scrapping yesterday's effort and starting again.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10449 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  08:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and cool this morning. Warmer later with rain moving in sometime for a 24-36 hour soak. Another over the weekend. Soggy is getting monotonous as well as disruptive.

We also have morning appointments and are out the door in a moment.

George, good luck with the turnout, using a jig or free styling it? Best at getting your groove back. Handlaid track is interesting to do, if time and patience consuming.

Have a fine day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15270 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  09:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, I'm using a template I printed from a Templot turnout I designed. Hopefully I'll be back in the groove on my second try.

George
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
3105 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  09:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello from the non-June like weather of So. Wisconsin. The wind slowed last night as it turned to the rains around 8 that havenít really stopped. The weather guy says rain on and off into Sunday. We got home from the movie last night at 11:30 and the farmer about a mile up the road from us was just coming off his fields. Terry got back from riding about 20 minutes ago and says the fields look like they are planted. At least a month late.

Terry is going to the fitness center, I am going to do my Wednesday chores that mainly consists of vacuuming. There are no Farmer. Market trips today as the wetness makes walking around miserable. Did some detailing on a couple of the Paper Mill buildings. It felt good to be enthusiastic about being in the trainroom again.

Enjoy your day
TomO
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31337 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  10:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. We have another sunny day here in S.E. Michigan. That is 2 in a row. Almost a record here this spring.

Off to our tax preparer to pick up a revised Jersey tax return. The first was kicked back for having an incorrect entry on one line.

I should finish up the new workbench today. Yesterday I framed it out and then dismantled the one that I inherited when buying the house. It was flimsy, having a particle board surface. Too small, too.

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15270 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  10:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

It was flimsy, having a particle board surface. Too small, too.

Have a great day!

Good idea to replace it. A small work bench won't hold much junk.

George
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Crew Chief

Canada
847 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  12:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

I missed the breakfast call, and just finished a sandwich for lunch. Busy morning, tying up loose ends from last night's train club meeting. Some of our members presented photos of their works from this past modelling season. It's an annual thing we do at our June meeting. For me it's inspiration to get back into the train room for some modelling time. Actually, before I left for the meeting, the workbench begged to be cleaned up. It looks a lot better now.

There are a few short projects on my to-do list that can be done on my days off this week. The rains are moving across the border to our area in the next day or so which means model train time beckons.

Have a great afternoon,

Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000