Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4550 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  09:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from Sunny but cool N.E. Indiana. The rain blew ou of here over night, and dropped the humidity about 40%. Nice!

The coffee urn is ready with Zephyr Special. Asparagus, ham, and egg casserole is ready. Try it, you'll like it. Tea, decaf, diet pop ready.

Late OP Session last night after Division meeting. I dispatched the NKP 2nd SubDivision for about 4 hours and then an hour and half drive home. Our Division is geographically large for the Midwest. Close to 10,000 square miles.

Time to shake the cobwebs out and get going on some 1:1 projects here.

Have a Super Day!

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10365 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  09:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and cool this morning with 70 a possibility. This may be the nice day of the week with more cold and rain at least partial days in the near forecast with only 62 and rain the Thursday forecast.

OPS went well yesterday, I had a pair of interesting local trains on areas I've not worked before. A good crew had a fine time all day. The dispatcher had a late day melt down that added to the fun.

Be careful with that asparagus, things smell funny after you eat that stuff....

Everyone have a nice day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
7835 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  09:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Karl and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Cool with a promise of warmer with sunny skies.
Some Raisin Swirl toast with orange juice this morning and coffee and Voortman later. Need to cut back some.
Funeral of a good friend yesterday. I was in the Honor Guard. Then a luncheon following.
Busy with lots of jobs here and also redoing the railings on our deck.
Need also to get the still up and running as I have one job that is 14 runs on the 3D printers at a total of 25 hours run time. Keeps me busy anyway.
Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Train yard.
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31273 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  09:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Karl and the rest of the crew. We have sunshine and temps will get in the mid-70's today. I did have to kick the heat on at wake-up this morning after temps went down in the mid-50's over night.

Back to work in the garage.

Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
7737 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  09:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rainy day in SE NH. What grass seed remained after last week's rain is now sprouting. We'll have to see by the end of the week what needs to be reseeded.

I'm still looking at another mill building for the scene behind the stone viaduct. I'll probably end up scratchbuilding another mill and saving the laser cut structure for a different use.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
2977 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  09:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the bright skies of So. Wisconsin. Mid 70ís today but the rain and coolness starts tonight. A couple days of rain coming so today needs to be an outdoor day. Horses in a bit for a couple hours. Just Terry, the daughter, me and SIL will be riding. The SIL has finished a few projects on the property he is very proud of but especially his expansion of the vineyard. He really thinks he can make wine to go along with the beer he brews. I havenít enjoyed any of his concoctions yet but he does and that is all that counts.

President Peteó-you mentioned a paper mill was a thought yesterday. I love paper mills and the larger the better, lots of action in the mills for a layout. My vote for your thoughts would be go for it.

Tonight we will see Rocketman as I am a big fan of Elton John, I have read very mixed reviews on this one. Enjoy your day.

TomO
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15200 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  10:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're in the upper 60's, which is unusual for a mid-June day in Tidewater Virginia.

I just finished a bike ride. This afternoon, I'm planing to build a curved turnout I designed using Templot. Once I figured it out, I think Templot will be a fantastic tool for hand laying track.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6689 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  12:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon, All!

65, headed for 70 and severe clear here in the northern mitten, so it's time to fire up the grille and lay on the burgers, brats and such for the afternoon. Don't want anyone headed for an Op Session to arrive hungry!

Besides, the forecast for the rest of the week looks a lot like Jim's Jungle Monsoon and Tropical Rainforest, which sort of sounds like a business he'd run! [:-boggled]

More contemplation on the paper mill last night, some interesting pix from TomO (thanks!) today, and a couple of comments from friends that indicate that I may be on to something. It's a whole set of rabbit holes to explore, and there's never enough time! [:-bunny]

But Duty Calls, and I have Reports to write, so I suppose I should head down that track. Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000