Monday morning lounge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BurleyJim
Fireman

USA
4317 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  07:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers. It just sopped raining here in N.E.Indiana and the Great Black Swamp. Where did I leave those Quinine tablets?[:-banghead]  
I'll run the fogger in a little while, so you need to eat breakfast before the fog comes through the door.
The coffee urn is ready with Railbender blend, decaf, tea, & diet pop also ready. Breakfast burritos are up on the serving line.

Yesterday truly was an R&R day, and I did nada, zippo, negats, null. What a waste!

I'll do better today! I received some old photos in my email this morning that I'll insert into an upcoming clinic. Later this afternoon, driving down to our Division 'meeting' which will actually be an op session at one of our members full basement layout. I'll be the dispatcher as usual.

Have a Super day!

Jim

George D

USA
15095 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  08:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We have rain in the forecast later today, so I have some yard work to do this morning. I have no idea what I'll be doing after that - well maybe a nap will happen sometime later.

Have a good day.
George
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10206 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  08:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another 24 hour plus rain is under our belts, the rain is to lighten today but remain a possibility. Those area farmers that still haven't planted are having a hard search for their paddles....

I'm off this morning for an ops session going on at Keeney's. I didn't sign up so will just pop in and see if there are any slots open, just bs a bit if not. On the way over I'll stop by my son's shop and take a big old smoked fish to him from the UP. Head and all, it'll probably cause a minor uproar when he gets it home. If he doesn't eat it all first. A friend and UP neighbor of ours headed up yesterday through the heart of the all day rain they had. We had great weather all last week. It also seems the bugs that bit last week took a mind to all start itching at about 0300hrs. Fun

The RS-3 took a tiny step closer to getting there, I made a speaker box with the 3D printer and wired in the speaker. What a difference a little box can make to sound quality.

Have a good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31172 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  08:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. We had about a half inch of rain over night and it is still drizzling. We are at 68 degrees and that is the high for the day.

Garage work is on the agenda for today. I bought the lumber for shelving and a new workbench. Now I just have to build everything.

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

tloc
Fireman

USA
2768 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  09:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, it is bright, clear and very windy with 30 mph gusts. The big storm we were to get last evening was a 15 minute dump at 9PM and it moved on. The weather folks are very happy this morning saying it blew through quickly. The farmers in the last week have been busy in their fields and working with the lights on, an eerie sight when driving by at around 10PM.

Jim, thanks for opening and the food. Relaxation is good and recharges those internal batteries.

Enjoy the day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 06/10/2019 09:37:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
5847 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  09:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacost has another day of haying weather, so that's how I'll be spending the afternoon. But maybe 2 wagons today, not yesterday's 3 1/2 (414 bales).

Until then, bills and computer work. Maybe some modeling this evening.
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6525 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  10:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

55 and very, very damp here in the northern mitten today. Comments from downstate and south about sopping, paddles and such seem appropriate for the monsoon season here. Great Lakes water levels are rising, and when one considers how much water it takes to have that happen, it's pretty damp. [:-boggled]

Probably time for a song cue: "Be kind to your web-footed friends, for that duck may be somebody's Mother...." [:-sing] [:-party]

Made some Thought Process Progress over the weekend, and will move some stuff around to see if I really can fit a paper mill into my upper deck. Initial reaction is positive, but the "You better think some more about this" forces are strong.

Today is admin, more admin, a bank run, more admin, and then probably go help a friend tear out his railroad as he downsizes. Yuck. [:-yuck]

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 20.83 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000