Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 50

Terrell
Fireman

USA
2167 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2019 :  10:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great, Tony!! All around, inside and out.
Go to Top of Page

hon3_rr
Fireman

USA
7234 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2019 :  12:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding Diorama...

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.
Go to Top of Page

trains4ms
Section Hand

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2019 :  6:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been following this great model you are building. Everything is coming together to make a great scene. I noticed the two birds in the last photos. Outstanding modeling with so many great small details every where you look. Thanks for posting your model and taking so much time explaining your building methods.

Mike S.
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  12:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trains4ms

I have been following this great model you are building. Everything is coming together to make a great scene. I noticed the two birds in the last photos. Outstanding modeling with so many great small details every where you look. Thanks for posting your model and taking so much time explaining your building methods.

Mike S.

Thank you Mike, and also to all who have responded. I believe that this forum is not just about showing the models, but showing how they were done, which I hope, would help many new-comers as well as seasoned modelers who may not have thought of something the way I or others have. Thank you all.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2019 :  5:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This might be my last post for a while, taking a small break, since I started this some 2 plus years ago, I's is getting a little burnt out on it. I have some details I want to add, and that will come later, and I might start on another model to clear my mind off this one for a bit, but not sure what I want to build. I thought of doing the Sierra West HO backwoods cars, since I will be doing them for this scene eventually, but for now, just taking a little break. I have started back into reading, which I like doing, two novels in less than 3 weeks, both very good: Warday and Nightfall. Started on another (Emerald Decision by Craig Thomas), while reading a 4th, The Story of Britain by Rebecca Fraser, got 100 pages in on that so far.

But before I go altogether, I wanted to show you the latest I have done, the smoke stacks. I opted to leave the tops open, as I have seen many photos the same way, and it looks neater than having a cone on top. Personal choice.

They are brass tubing, 1/4", with synthetic thread for guy wires. I used Grandt Line eye-rings for the tie-downs.

I'll still be following my thread in case anyone wants to comment, that won't go. Plus, I also wanted to mention that I went to see War Eagle Mill this last weekend (on our way home) for my birthday weekend, staying in Eureka Springs, a cabin located in the woods; Red Bud Valley. It is a grain mill, and they grind their own grains, mostly wheat, of which I always bring home a 10lb bag of whole wheat flour to make bread. Always so good. That said, I took a lot of pictures of the mill, the adjacent bridge, inside the mill (with working belts from the water wheel), and some scenic surrounding area. If there is enough interest, I'll post some pictures on a separate thread.

So, here are my last pictures for now:

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Carl B
Fireman

USA
3720 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2019 :  5:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome model Tony. Congrats on the finish.

[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2019 :  5:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Awesome model Tony. Congrats on the finish.

[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Thanks Carl, There will be more to come, just not sure when that will be.

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
6101 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2019 :  10:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful model and details, Tony.

And the latest parts really stack up.

Mike

Go to Top of Page

brownbr
Fireman

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  05:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely a model to be proud of Tony.
Go to Top of Page

Bernd
Fireman

USA
3534 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  08:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great SBS thread Tony. Inspired me to try my hand at following by building an engine house and using your techniques.

Know exactly what you mean by needing a break from such intense modeling work. Will patiently be waiting for your next build.

Bernd

WWG1WGA
Go to Top of Page

Guff
Fireman

USA
1849 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  09:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tony,
Terrific model!! Your attention to detail and then capturing the detail on a model is amazing.

David Guffey
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  09:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Beautiful model and details, Tony.

And the latest parts really stack up.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I needed a little laugh this morning

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  09:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brownbr

Surely a model to be proud of Tony.

Thank you, Bryan, I do believe it is one of my best

Tony Burgess

Edited by - Nelson458 on 11/25/2019 09:52:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  10:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

Great SBS thread Tony. Inspired me to try my hand at following by building an engine house and using your techniques.

Know exactly what you mean by needing a break from such intense modeling work. Will patiently be waiting for your next build.

Bernd

Thank you Bernd. It has been a long journey, one that has been both enjoyable and, as usual, frustrating at times. I am glad you have found some inspiration to do the same. When I get this one snuggled into a slightly larger diorama, Iíll be adding a few more details to the exterior. One thing I still want to add is some lighting. Not sure how to go about it yet.

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  10:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guff

Tony,
Terrific model!! Your attention to detail and then capturing the detail on a model is amazing.

Thank you David, I appreciate that

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 50 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000