New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 82

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5172 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  6:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Andre. I enjoy little details that both solve a problem and add to the early rail scene. However, I don't want anything too weird.

I built a car stop; only one for now until I'm happy with the design.

The purpose of the stop is to prevent cars on the team track to move onto an adjacent city street.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie
Go to Top of Page

Bill Gill
Fireman

USA
2651 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  8:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neat idea and execution, Mike!
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5172 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2019 :  9:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Bill!

Not really my idea. Perhaps you missed this photo I posted yesterday:

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 08/15/2019 9:43:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bernd
Fireman

USA
3129 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  07:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Have been following along with our progress and enjoying the updates.

That car stop looks like a great addition. As I was looking at that I was wondering if it couldn't be manually controlled from the front of the layout (fascia front) when it's in a location where you can't reach it by hand, such as between two other tracks or a tight spot in the scenery? Similar to controlling a turnout in an inaccessible location.

Bernd
Go to Top of Page

Bill Gill
Fireman

USA
2651 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  08:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I saw that prototype photo, but it was your idea to model a working version and to use a variation as a "bumper".
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5172 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  08:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bernd,

Thank you. I donít see any reason why a remote couldnít be used. However, I would re-engineer it to be more robust. Maybe use styrene or even brass for the cross arm.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5172 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  08:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

I see now. Iíll change my ďthank youĒ to a ďthank you muchlyĒ

Mike

Go to Top of Page

Guff
Fireman

USA
1730 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  11:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Very interesting idea and great modeling job!

David Guffey
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
6642 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  12:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, this is an elegant little device, and with only a small dose of revisionist history, I can use this as a bumper for "interchange" trackage that is headed directly for the fascia and the long trip down to the deck.

Very cool, and I thank you!

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
5186 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  12:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even neater now that it's working.

It's only make-believe
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5172 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2019 :  9:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, David, Pete and Bob.

David, every so often Iím in the right mood, looking at the right place in a photo Iíve studied dozens of times, at the right time to build a little something new.

Pete, Iíve long been trying to decide on something to take care of those edge of layout track terminations. Iím glad you find the idea useful.

Bob, itís a little delicate, but I was pleased that it actually functions. Iím not sure Iíll require visiting operators to use it.

Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Canada
8302 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  10:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, glad to see that you were able to recreate that car stop, and make it look very authentic.

Greg Shinnie
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5172 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  10:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign

Mike, glad to see that you were able to recreate that car stop, and make it look very authentic.

Greg Shinnie

Greg,

Thank you. It became sort of a personal challenge, small but challenging in its way. It was nice to do something in a day, a welcome break from bigger projects.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Pennman
Fireman

USA
4102 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  5:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael,
I read through a few pages of the construction you have accomplished in this thread this morning. I like what you have done so far. Your ground cover is very pleasing to the eye. It appears that you can run some trains, even if you're not yet finished. I envy you for having that much space for your layout. Good work.

Rich
Go to Top of Page

Frank Palmer
Fireman

USA
5317 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  7:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 82  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000