Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 89

Bill Gill
Fireman

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  08:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, if you had a little PORTER working your COAL shed I'd say it's De-lovely!!
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  6:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bill. It took enough time that I would sometimes think: ”Gersh. Win will I ever finish? Let’s call the whole thing off.”

Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  8:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
About halfway to securing the chutes, I’ve started planning the small layout addition to accommodate my new industry. I want to determine the angle of the track and the shed relative to current benchwork, as well as plan the topography. I cut a piece of heavy cardboard to cantilever off the layout to draw track and shed layout and planned landforms.

I purchased 1/2” lumber this week to use as a framework for what will become a diorama of sorts.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie
Go to Top of Page

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

829 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  9:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike!

That structure will require another trestle, correct? The chutes... are those for wagon loading or rail car?

I think I see an MDC OT locomotive in the background!

Andre
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  9:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OK Hogger

That structure will require another trestle, correct? The chutes... are those for wagon loading or rail car?

I think I see an MDC OT locomotive in the background!

Andre,

Probably no trestle. The extension will be like a shelf and the coal shed base will sit a couple of inches below the main layout level. It will serve customers in wagons.

The locomotive is the Athearn version of the MDC kit model.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

829 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  11:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I get it now! Sitting below mainline level will make for some neat visual interest!

Understood on the Athearn/MDC. I tend to forget that Athearn now owns MDC/Roundhouse.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard ANY news about the upcoming DCC/Sound Athearn/Roundhouse OT 2-8-0's? Originally supposed to be on the shelves by now, as I recall. I note they are now pushed back to arrive this December?

Andre
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  11:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Andre,

My layout is all one level so indeed there will be a little visual interest added.

I’ve not heard anything regarding availability of new locos.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Frank Palmer
Fireman

USA
5487 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  09:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Shoot, that's one nice shed-chute.

Frank
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  10:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

Shoot, that's one nice shed-chute.

Thank you, Frank. Just trying to hit the target.

Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  9:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I built the framework for the new scene:

Mike
Go to Top of Page

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

829 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  10:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu] [:-thumbu]

Ought to be fun to watch this shape up!

Andre
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  11:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OK Hogger

[:-thumbu] [:-thumbu]
Ought to be fun to watch this shape up!

Thank you. I aim to please.
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
5330 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2019 :  12:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is going to look so good.

It's only make-believe
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2019 :  12:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Bob.
Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman

USA
5573 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2019 :  08:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coal shed and track placed temporarily:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 89 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000