New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

CNWfan
New Hire

13 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  05:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CNWfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am now using Peco-55, flex and turnouts. Sturdy, re-usable, more variety than Atlas right now.[:-paperbag]
Go to Top of Page

CpRail Fan
New Hire

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  10:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, Newbie here... Not to MR just to this forum.
I've tried Atlas & Shinohara in the past with success but I always liked the look of RailCraft 55 & 40 but could never find any. Was just about to go with Atlas 55 when out of the blue for auction on ebay was 60 pcs. of Code 55 flex, 20 pcs. of code 40 flex, 55 pcs. of code 55 rail, 50 pcs. of code 40 rail & 3 lh switches code 55 All in RailCraft. Needless to say it will work out just fine filling up my 8' x 11' x 10' N Scale road.
Did I mention I like RailCraft???
G
Go to Top of Page

Cowcatcher
Fireman

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  9:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cowcatcher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome CP Rail Fan. Say, what kind of rail do you really like!
Go to Top of Page

lkalogeras@hotmail.com
New Hire

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  11:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Dave! I use Railcraft Code 55, even though it is the most expensive track out there. It is always the same and holds its shape around curves better than any flex track on the market. It also looks great!![:-eyebrows]
Go to Top of Page

SecretSquirrel
New Hire

1 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  5:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! I can't believe nobody has mentioned Micro-Engineering Code 55 in N-Scale. That is what I roll on EXCLUSIVELY! Even on all the hidden parts of my layout. Their flex track keeps it's memory so you can have perfect alignments. It does however cost a bit more but it's realistic appearence and awesome construction is incredible. Not to mention, unlike Atlas Code 55, you don't have to change all your rolling stock wheel sets to low profiles.
Go to Top of Page

Zug
Section Hand

91 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  7:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Zug's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Atlas 80, cheaper then others, good to work with and easy to get because that's what everybody keeps in stock.

Train of Thought Railroad Forums http://www.kentsoftware.com/forum/ (new advanced software !)
Go to Top of Page

lab-dad
Fireman

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  2:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit lab-dad's Homepage  Send lab-dad a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Atlas' code 80!
Once detailed its hard to tell its oversize.
And ANYTHING will run on it!
Go to Top of Page

gizzmaxx
New Hire

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  6:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Group,
I'm the new guy on the block so to speak, I think this might be my first post? I've used Atlas Code 80 on past layouts, but for my current layout I took the plunge and went Atlas Code 55. I hope Atlas continues to expand this line of "N" scale track, it looks great and is very strong considering it's small size.

Take care,

Rich S.
Go to Top of Page

adamizer
New Hire

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  9:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use atlas code 80 , peco code 80 turnouts. model power and some japonese brand I dumped.

JE
Go to Top of Page

sam
New Hire

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  10:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Send sam an AOL message  Send sam a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well, for me...
i want things as prototypical as possible...
so, handlaid c40.
Go to Top of Page

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  09:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time and availability dictate much at this point for me.I have a billion miles of atlas c80 and matching yardmasters nightmare of switches.
If i were to do it all over again,I really like the look of Handlaid but Micro engineerings c55 looks almost as good.Anybody wanna trade a few boxes of ME c55 for my Atlas C-80?? :)
Go to Top of Page

bobaloo000
New Hire

17 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  11:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tileguy

Time and availability dictate much at this point for me.I have a billion miles of atlas c80 and matching yardmasters nightmare of switches.
If i were to do it all over again,I really like the look of Handlaid but Micro engineerings c55 looks almost as good.Anybody wanna trade a few boxes of ME c55 for my Atlas C-80?? :)

I was going to post this question today, I am just beginning to contemplate an N scale layout and I'm thinking about what track to buy. I like the look of the Kato Unitrack, but I may go to the Peco website and see what they have to offer. It looks like the Peco Code 55 is durable and can run anything. How are the turnouts?
Go to Top of Page

OEandJP Rs
Section Hand

Australia
62 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  05:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eerrrr ummmm whatever i bought 60 lengths of on ebay, it matches all the points i also bought on ebay so i'm guessing code 80
Go to Top of Page

jatravia
Fireman

USA
2684 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  08:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam

well, for me...
i want things as prototypical as possible...
so, handlaid c40.

Hand laying track is something I want to try ... but I barely have time to glue down Atlas code 80.
Go to Top of Page

Rodneys UP 9000
New Hire

2 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  12:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Micro Engering (Railcraft) code 55 and 40. I like ME weathered track the
best.
Rodney
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic