Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rhpd42002
Crew Chief

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  07:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning to all the Forum Crew.

With the influx of new members, I've got two pots of Railbender brew going, with rust flakes, creosote and cinders on the condiment tray so it can be seasoned to taste.

Eggs are ready for your order and due to the heat, Down East, I've had some egg salad sandwiches made up, too. There are slabs of bacon, plenty of sausages, both links & patties, some ham slices and thin chops frying away on the grill. Sides of home fries or hash browns, plus pans of grits and oatmeal on the stove. Fresh baked muffins, cornbread and biscuits are on the counter, along with boxes of assorted donuts.

Managed to get more stuff done at work, yesterday. Still have some things to do, but a lot of progress has been made. No train time last night, but I may get out there for a bit, this evening.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Mike O.

Ya Ain't Gotta Like It, Ya Just Gotta Do It!

Popz
Crew Chief

USA
539 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  08:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Mike and the rest of the RR-L crew when they get in.

I think I'll have one of those egg sandwiches and a cup of brew, thanks. Beautiful morning here in SW FL, but the temp should hit 90 by this afternoon, so I guess I'll have to work in my air conditioned work area[:-jumprefect]. Hope all have a great day!!!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

RonH56
Fireman

USA
1053 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  08:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy Cow Mike!
That's a breakfast spread, but we do have a lot more mouths to feed...
Load me up with some eggs, scrambled I guess and sausage patties, home-fries & some corn bread.

Work has been busy, we are signing a lot of new work and trying not hire too much new staff. I've been extra busy this week getting my jobs in order for me to be on vacation starting TOMORROW! My wife and I are headed to PA for the weekend to relax and then next week we travel to Quantico, VA where our son will be graduating from 'The Basic School'. He'll then be headed off to more school in VA Beach as his MOS will be Signals Intelligence. We actually had the FBI here :)to verify his background as he will require a high level security clearance. Pretty NEAT!

Picked up a an PSX -1 and a NCE auto switch to keep on with the DCC install. But not much will be done til we get back.

Have great day and a good week everyone!

"What the heck wuz that?"
Ron Haviland
Owner/Operator
Red Water Railway Co.
L.B. & S Shortline RR.

Podunk, New England
Go to Top of Page

scott
Fireman

USA
3454 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  08:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Thursday Morning Mike, Ron, Mark, and Crew when they arrive.
It's sunny and 67 and we're topping out this afternoon at a humid 88.
Thanks for opening Mike. It's hard to choose from such a big spread this morning but we have new crew members to feed. I'll have eggs, ham, and home fries, and coffee.
Big ear spliten louden boomer mover through last night around 2:30. It put on a very impressive sound and light show.
I have some running to do in town and some things outside. I'll only get a couple of things done account of the heat and humidity, and I don't want to end up back in the hospital.
Hopefully I can get some train stuff done this evening. Tomorrow I have to run to the shop and swing by the LHS on the way home
Time for another coffee and look over the forum. Have a good day, stay cool, and God Bless

Scott, from the wilds of Carroll County, Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

USA
6368 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  08:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Mike, Mark, Ron and the rest of the RR-L Crew when they arrive. Thanks for that wide spread of a breakfast. I'm cutting down as I'm too wide spread myself lately.
Had trouble sleeping last night from allergies. Thought a couple of times I had taken my last breath but I hadn't. Heck of a season this year. Six months of allergies it seems.
Going to be hot here today so I'm in shorts. Got to go help the wife with the lawn. Her job, by joice, is mowing. My job, not by joice, is picking up downed sticks and tree branch pieces. Hell to be number two on the picking order. But I get a break once in a while by having to go fetch cold drinks of water for her.
Everyone have a safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

Go to Top of Page

mabloodhound
Fireman

USA
5531 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  09:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning crew and Walt too. I'll have some of the eggs Mike.
Good to see Walt getting out and away from the laser cutter. Maybe some of those sticks you pick up could go into one of your kits. That's one way to get rid of them.
I didn't finish the customer job yesterday, just not up to a full 8 hour day anymore. I'll go back next week when I have my helper again (Gail).
It's too cloudy today to work outside anyways.
Enjoy.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Fireman

USA
6667 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hot and sticky in MI today, first for me although they had a spell of it while were out in AZ chasing T-storms, snow and sleet... I just finished cutting down the last few clumps of tall decorative grasses that look so nice late in the summer. Thank goodness for the chainsaw. They made a nice big pile of bamboo like debris, it should make for a nice big fire if the wind ever goes down.

Still not able to get the 9n to run.

Next project is to cut out a drawer bottom for an old dresser the picker, the Doll, obtained a week ago. Plenty of projects, lack of time. I may have to get the lawm mower running, too.

Everyone have a good day.

BE SAFE!!
Go to Top of Page

Pennman
Fireman

USA
1084 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  12:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that everyone of you Railroaders are enjoying all of the spring yardwork and if I were to eat any of that extensive breakfast ole Mike has laid out, it would weigh me down, perhaps wanting a siesta afterward.
I feel like one of you "retired" fellers today- took the day off to sort out my train room, and finish some long-awaited projects.
Hope everyone stays healthy & safe and has a wonderful day.
Rich
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
3104 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  12:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all. I'm looking at the foggy Thames River out the window of my Acela as I write; the trip home had been going smoothly until we had to wait about 10 minutes for a single track segment west of Old Saybrook, CT. It's my girlfriend's birthday tonight, so aside from getting to ride a bit of the former B&M I haven't seen in 10 years, no train stuff till the weekend.
Go to Top of Page

jaynjay
Fireman

USA
4691 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  12:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy Mike and crew,

It's a little on the warm side in NW Indiana; 80 and it's not yet quite noon yet. Chance of thunderstorms latter. I just love hot humid days and rain...wrong. Gasoline went up 10 cents today; $3.89. Not much else happening
Everyone have a great day

John
Go to Top of Page

rsn48
Section Hand

Canada
83 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  1:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be worse, Canada is "the" major imported of gas and oil into the states; it has been estimated that every tenth car in California is running on Canadian gas. Want to bet how much gas is in North Vancouver today - rough $5.32 a gallon - same gas.

Or lets talk booze, Canadian Cub whiskey is probably half the cost it is in Canada.

In both cases, gas and booze, the difference is taxes. If you smoke, cigarettes are even more bizarre up here, I don't smoke.

Our weather in Vancouver BC is pretty much identical to Seattle, though interestingly they get a bit more rain and are a touch colder (further in land from the main body of the Pacific Ocean). We have two weather forecasts 1) its raining 2) its about to rain.

Model railroading is fun, sometimes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000