Page: of 62

masonamerican
Crew Chief

Sweden
995 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  04:48:02 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hamer

I narrowed the blades a touch before glueing a bunch of paddles blade up in the barrel. I painted the barrel black and weathered it with rust pastels.

Great touch with the paddles and life vest. It's the little details when well done that really makes the scenes![:-thumbu][:-thumbu].

Thanks Greg, George, Mark, Bob and Mike for the kind words on the boxcar. Sorry that the pictures came out so large. I use Flickr and when I copy and paste the link sometimes if I'm not careful it choses the largest resolution. I must be better at using preview.

Håkan

Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
11302 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  07:40:34 AM  Show Profile
I saw Tom's station in person the other night, and I want to post on the forum that it looks great in real life too.

Mike, the paddles and life vest are nice additions to your scene.

Another nice one Robert. I like the way you do your window displays.

George
Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Canada
5206 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  12:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Tom, your station looks fantastic!

Robert,the tattoo shop looks just as nice as the others you have built for this challenge!

Way to go guys, in completing your challenge projects.

Now some of us are not quite there yet.
I stayed up late last night gluing brass etched benches all over the upper decks.
Here are some photo's of how they look.

I also wanted to show you how small the figures of Leonardo & Kate really are.It was like trying to paint clothes on an ant.

So just the overhead wires now left,I think I am now going to make it alright across the finish line!

Greg Shinnie
Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

USA
3680 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  12:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Nicely done, all! Very nicely done indeed! I've commented on only a few of these projects, but I have followed all of them and am impressed with the skill, creativity and variety of the offerings.

Pete
in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1518 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  12:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage
Mike I think you need a big pile of ballast or some kind of bumper or wheel stops at the end of your loading dock track behind the chocolate factory.
L&N nut
Jon

Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer

10375 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  12:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage
Greg, phenomenal effort on such a detailed model. I'll bet you'll be happy when the challenge is over! That's amazing when you judge the size of the details with a penny! [:-bigeyes]

Hi Jon, yeah, I'll have to scratch some as I have none left in stock. I've still got three days to go!

Edited by - Mike Hamer on 03/11/2012 1:52:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Canada
5206 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  1:48:34 PM  Show Profile
Mike & Pete, thanks for your always encouraging words!
Yes, I will be glad when this is finished.
These projects can sometimes be all consuming of any spare time one has.When I was helping my dad out, installing his walk-in tub,I thought that I was not going to be able to finish this project on time.I have since stayed up late in the last week to turn the tides on that thinking.

Greg Shinnie
Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer

10375 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  1:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage
So, Greg, does that mean that you're all "awash" in model building! [:-captain][:-drunk][:-captain]
Go to Top of Page

masonamerican
Crew Chief

Sweden
995 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  2:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Greg, the detail on the Titanic is awesome!!!!
When I look at the photos it is very very hard to take in how small everything is.

Håkan
Go to Top of Page

Schoolmaster
Fireman

USA
1581 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Here are the 'final' photos for the pier warehouse and the pier deck as far as I have completed it. I need to do work on the LP crew.

I will doubtless tinker with the structure and improve it as my technique develops, but with my wife's birthday coming up, my time is done.
Go to Top of Page

BigLars
Engineer

USA
9152 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  3:52:55 PM  Show Profile
Greg,
The detail is fantastic, I am not sure how you are doing it.

John,
That is an impressive structure.

There are so many good models in this challenge. I need to get to every build thread.

I am still working on the my project. One small detail at a time... but I will be finished and post final pictures just in time.

Here is a sample of where I am on my Diorama for the 1930's gas station.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35543

Thanks to all those who pointed out my errors.[:-angel]

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining

Edited by - BigLars on 03/11/2012 3:54:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sully
Fireman

USA
2610 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  4:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sully's Homepage
I've got to really go over these threads as well Larry...too much good modeling and plenty of tips to pick up.

Greg, fantastic build! So much to think about as you modeled that her I'll bet. She was and still is "a beauty" as your model shows.

John. the pier and warehouse is turning out great. Are you going to put planking between the rails?

Larry.....I love the way your diorama is shaping up......it has a real prototypic "feel" to it. Can't wait to try an Ox burger! sully
Go to Top of Page

Schoolmaster
Fireman

USA
1581 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  4:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes Tom, longitudinal planking but I wanted to test the track first.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer

10375 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  5:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage
John, many congrats on completing the big build. It looks awesome in both size and detail. I look forward to following many more of your modelling projects.

Larry, your diorama is outstanding. Leo sure looks like he's doing a thriving business. Nice to see my birthplace on the signs too! Yup, model railroading sure is fun! [:-apple][:-apple]
Go to Top of Page

milocomarty
Fireman

Netherlands
5914 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  5:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit milocomarty's Homepage
Awsome stuff guys!! Few things done today, the time consuming windows building, added roofs. Hyde shed is nearby completion, but I tend to add things to the overall structure. Still been playing around with the overall setup, boilerhouse standing alone now, nice reason to put in some rusty steampipes. Added a few caps from hairspray cans to get the feel for some oiltanks in that place

http://martinwelberg.wordpress.com/
http://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 62 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000