Excellent modeling and scenery

Mario Rapinett

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_karl_osolinski-_revisited1.html
Go to Top of Page

milocomarty
Fireman

Netherlands
5902 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  04:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit milocomarty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow you got me fooled to Duane, thought it was real !!! Great scenery and modeling..

http://martinwelberg.wordpress.com/
http://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17629 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  05:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duane, the realism of your scenery is really stunning.

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

Hopeless
Fireman

USA
1364 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  7:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with evenyone else. It sure looks real.

Roland
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  10:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback. Im still stuck on how to fix the composition in the mining camp, so have been working on other areas, i.e. rolling stock. Sometimes the right solutaion appears after stepping away for a bit...other times, not so much.

Btw, the mystery diesel lurking in the shadows is doing a few test runs on the Torres & Prietas. If management decides to go with the 50-ton diesel, serious modifications will need to be made to the ROW....
Go to Top of Page

andykins
Fireman

United Kingdom
4080 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  10:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that photo is too dark from my screen, i cant see a diesel :P but now i really want to see it haha wonderful work yet again
Go to Top of Page

Leo Starrenburg
Crew Chief

963 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  11:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took the liberty of lighting it (the diesel picture) a wee bit:

cheers, Leo.
Go to Top of Page

n6nvr
Engine Wiper

313 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  2:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MinerFortyNiner

Duane, I love cactus comedy...and I got the point! (rim-shot, please) I have told my kids about the desert equivalent of 'tree huggers', National Hug a Saguaro week, etc. They just roll their eyes...

trimmed

Maybe they aren't the sticklers for reality you are (half a rim shot)

Don't push me bureaucrat, I've got a bit of hangover
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  6:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! Call the moderator! wait, it actually looks better, thanks Leo
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2507 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  10:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like the wide-cab Alcos used by the WP&Y and US Gypsum in the California desert...in an SP black-widow like livery perhaps? Come on Duane, fess up...
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  10:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its the former Espee narrow gauge diesel #1. seen below as she sits in Mexico:

Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17629 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  04:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No track visible?

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

andykins
Fireman

United Kingdom
4080 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  04:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow...... i want one :D hahaha

is it a brass model? i think ive seen something like that advertised in the NGSL gazette looks really cool though
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  09:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The loco is brass, which is my first brass loco and I normally wouldn't have purchased, but I am somewhat attached to the locomotive:
For the last 7-8 years I was writing a book on the narrow gauge railroads of Sonora, Mexico. The Cananea Consolidated Copper Co., which purchased the "Little Giant" locomotive in 1961 (iirc), operated narrow gauge until 1980, and even had narrow gauge steam listed as "back-up" until 1973. I visited the mine/smelter several times and asked about employees about the locomotive. One of them told me there was a hill where you could look out into the smelter grounds and see the locomotive from a distance,
I spent several years writing the mining company in Mexico for the chance to visit and photograph the Ge 50-ton "Little Giant," I even tried to blatently bribe the gaurd at the gate to have the chance, but the company is not friendly. In 2009 the company was in the middle of a violent strike, and I received a letter from a friend's uncle saying he could get me a tour of the smelter and the locomotives and remaining narrow gauge equipment. When I visited the strike had escalated, and I had to drive through an armed confrontation to visit the locomotive, but was given the chanec to take a few photographs. It was clear that it was not a safe place to be so I only stayed a few minutes, but I did get a couple of photographs which I felt were key to the book. Long story short, I was kinda attached to the locomotive, so when it was offered in brass by Yoder, I splurged.
Go to Top of Page

usaf_andy
Section Hand

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  2:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit usaf_andy's Homepage  Send usaf_andy an AOL message  Send usaf_andy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When the SP bought the locomotive in the 50s, it was built with being converted to SG in mind. There are efforts out there trying to bring the locomotive home, but due to the current situation in the area, to say that negotiations are delicate, is not exagerating.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000