Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  4:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill-good point, subtlety doesn't capture peoples attention, particularly in the movies. It seems that everything has to be dramatic, like farfetched plots,flawlessly beautiful actors and actresses, over-the-top chase scenes and most importantly, explosions!
Having said that, it is not my objective to build the model RR version of a bad John Wayne western...and I appreciate that many have made positive comments about the desert scenery etc.
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  11:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

searoom
Engine Wiper

169 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit searoom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm....Bad John Wayne Movie? Didn't know that there was one.
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  11:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll rephrase that because I love old Westerns and the Duke, the movies were not "bad" in terms of entertainment, but were horrible in terms of realistically portraying the American Frontier in terms of history, geography, architecture or culture.
Go to Top of Page

searoom
Engine Wiper

169 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  12:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit searoom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If westerns truly portrayed life in the west , I am afraid most would be rather boring and there would definitely not be any dueling (read that as gunfights).

Your model work is really quite nice while shooting your pix in natural light enhances the scenery effects in multiples.
Fine back drop also.
Go to Top of Page

railman28
Fireman

USA
2353 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by searoom

If westerns truly portrayed life in the west , I am afraid most would be rather boring and there would definitely not be any dueling (read that as gunfights).

Your model work is really quite nice while shooting your pix in natural light enhances the scenery effects in multiples.
Fine back drop also.

THANK YOU GARRY. Yes, it's one of my pet peeves, that people think Hollywood's mythology reflects historical reality.

It's Only Make Believe

Bob Harris
Go to Top of Page

reklein
Engine Wiper

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  10:37:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm,Elminero, I must've piqued your imagination a little more. Now that John's here it'll be awhile before your sleepy little village quiets down. Is he just passin through or is there a "job" to do locally? Maybes he's after the guys who wrecked your church.[:-cowboy] , Bill in Idaho
Go to Top of Page

reklein
Engine Wiper

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  10:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm,Elminero, I must've piqued your imagination a little more. Now that John's here it'll be awhile before your sleepy little village quiets down. Is he just passin through or is there a "job" to do locally? Maybes he's after the guys who wrecked your church.[:-cowboy] , Bill in Idaho
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  2:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It be sweet if someone made a John Wayne 1:48 scale figure!
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
4412 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  4:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elminero67

It be sweet if someone made a John Wayne 1:48 scale figure!

If you find someone who does custom figures at a reasonable price, let me know. I have a "need" for a specific 1:48 figure.

dave
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  4:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of curiosity, what specific charactor did you need? (not offering, I've tried and failed).
Go to Top of Page

scott robertson
Crew Chief

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  6:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love what you've done with the place! Having lived in southern Arizona for 10 plus years, I can say you really have captured the feel of the desert and the Saguaro Cactus. The rock work and topography is stunning. The view of the big bridge over the canyon blew me away. What are the dimensions / design of this layout? Is it module (since you keep moving out side to photograph)? Scott
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
4412 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  6:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elminero67

Out of curiosity, what specific charactor did you need? (not offering, I've tried and failed).

Don't want to say, because if I could get it, it would be a gift (and the recipient might well guess anyway if he reads this.)

dave
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  9:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotcha Dave, there are no secrets on the internet, but there were a safe place to hide one, it would be on the rarely visited Torre y Prietas thread! Scott-the layout is a 4x16' loop. The canyon is about 4' deep and is about 5' wide. It was designed as a portable module, but has became so large that it no longer travels anywhere except a short distance out of the garage(roller wheels) to run outside when the weather is nice
Go to Top of Page

jcoop
Fireman

USA
1269 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  02:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
elminero,

really starting to like this Southwestern theme and seriously considering adding it to my plans. Have any more pics? Suggestions on your cactus?

thanks
John

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 17th 2014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000