Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  10:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well played with the TSA comment.

This was the "end of shift" inspection at the Creston Colorado mine on the real Torres & Prietas Railroad. The gold/silver ore was so rich that "passing' even a small piece of ore earned far more than the 2 pesos for a ten hour shift paid by the mine.
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  10:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had to overcome a MAJOR hurdle before I can get trains running, and I suspect that others can relate to the problem...

I haven't actually seen my workbench in about 6 months, but I did dig out a few buried treasures...
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  10:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of you may recognize a few of the paintings in the previous post; the one upper right was the cover for the “Silver City Narrow Gauge” book, while the 4-4-0 lower right was in the book “Sonora Narrow Gauge.”
I also found a couple of old drawings buried on the workbench:

If anyone wants one of these "Elminero" originals, Im looking for trades, not for sale-I'm not looking for much as they are just getting damaged laying around on my workbench. MAKE AN OFFER!!

The first one is Rio Grande Southern 2-8-0 #40 in front of the Dolores station.

The second is Imuris Mines 24" Porter, this illustration was used on page 17 of the "Sonora Narrow Gauge" book.

The third is Silver City, Pinos Altos and Mogollon Shay #3. This illustration appears on page 51 of the "Silver City Narrow Gauge" book.
Seriously, not expecting to get alot for these, truth is I'd be honored if someone else wanted them, and like I mentioned, they are just getting buried and damaged on my desk, and I need On30 rolling stock....

Ill be sure to sign them before shipping....Thanks, Duane
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2513 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  11:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Duane, great looking sketches, please see my personal message.
Go to Top of Page

milocomarty
Fireman

Netherlands
5911 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  11:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit milocomarty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great sketches, gave me the idea on a porter conversion..thanks !

http://martinwelberg.wordpress.com/
http://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
19824 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  12:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duane, I can match your skills in creating a cluttered workbench with no problem.
As for the drawings, all I can do is stick figures at best.
Outstanding drawings. [:-thumbu]

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page

NGPhil
New Hire

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  1:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic drawings!!!!

Phil Light
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  8:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Porter is probably traded...
Go to Top of Page

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

USA
1490 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  01:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful artwork!

I think I've got you beat when it comes to clutter, though I'd probably be too embarrassed to post a pic to prove it!

Visit www.raydunakin.com to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!
Go to Top of Page

elwoodblues
Fireman

Canada
5805 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  08:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Those are great looking sketches , and as for the workbench, in some circles, that is considered neat.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://www.cvry.ca

Edited by - elwoodblues on 05/03/2012 09:32:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  09:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one good thing about a workbench like that is that when you do clean it, you find all kinds of cool stuff you didnt even know you had...I normally don't let the workbench get that bad, but over the winter I was rebuilding a 1948 Willys in the same garage, so all of the train stuff got pushed aside. The Willys is up and running so the trains have reclaimed the garage.

I believe the Silver City Shay drawing is also spoken for, the RGS drawing still may (waiting to hear back from one person) be looking for a better home than the bottom of a pile of stuff on a workbench...
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2513 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  10:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's see the Willys! Post a few pics, amigo, they are such cool vehicles. Restoring one would be a close second on my list, only following a Triumph TR-4 roadster...
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  7:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2513 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  01:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool...nice 1:1 weathering! Considering its age, it looks really straight.
Go to Top of Page

elminero67
Engine Wiper

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  10:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks-this was a few moments before the hood flew open on the highway... It is less straight now.
The paint is original (1948, Potamic Gray), and I like the surface rust, probably wont paint it.
I also know where I can score a set of RR wheels to make a Hi-Rail conversion...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000