New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  1:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First post without picture but i like to show you my home grown bushes and weeds. Will do a small tutorial later...

Edited by - Martin Welberg on 07/09/2012 4:09:27 PM

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  2:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and some place on my layout

Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer

11492 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  2:49:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin, very realistic. I look forward to the tutorial! The bushes add to the grassy and hilly areas of the layout. [:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca
Go to Top of Page

desertdrover
Engineer

USA
17278 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  3:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I echo Mike's comments. Nice job Martin. Also looking forward to a how-to. Thanks for posting & sharing.
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
14565 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking bushes, Martin. Iím looking forward to your tutorial Too.

George
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man I'm a dump*** [:-banghead] foolin around with white glue....tutorial with a hot glue gun..weapons of choice..

use a piece of HPL laminate to work on and spray it lightly with a vaseline spray otherwise it's the same as makin tufts, cut pieces of the brushes and stick'm into the glue,,

I don't own a airbrush (need to order one soon) and the lack of flat colors in rattle cans (only mat black) I decided to paint with a brush only use sepia extra acrylics...

next step is to add 5/6mm static grass fibers using spray glue and a tea sieve...

repeat this step but now using 2mm fibers...hard to see but this is the closest my lens can get (need to buy a macro for this)

next step is adding WS fine turf color weeds..but I play around a bit with several colors...

last step is adding Noch Ho leaves, ordered some Polak material also to try and play with..use 2 different colors to give them more depth...

when I'm finished I seal it with a cheap hairspray..
Think it's ending up here on my layout

easy like that takes about 5 till 10 minutes each, maybe it's easier to order prefab Polak's or Mini-natur but I think this is more fun...
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh forgot to mention I'm working 0 scale but with the right materials it also can be used in smaller scales I think...
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  4:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, Martin.
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  5:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Very nice, Martin.

Thank Frederic, but do you refer to the bushes or the tutorial
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One more trick to be mentioned, I hold them with tweezers when I use sprayglue. Dip the tweezers into turpentine to prevent the tweezers from getting sticky...small trick Jos scotchpine tought me...
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  5:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like both, Martin.
Besides, could I like a good tutorial that would explain me clearly how to make something I don't like?
Go to Top of Page

visman48
Fireman

USA
6031 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  10:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Martin,
I have some of the purchased items, and yours are much better. So did I miss something you cut off some bristles or parts of the the brush, then hit it with the hot glue gun, and put them down on the non stick surface? I was trying to pick the sequence...this could be a watch TV and destroy a brush thing.

Les
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6686 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  03:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by visman48

Martin,
I have some of the purchased items, and yours are much better. So did I miss something you cut off some bristles or parts of the the brush, then hit it with the hot glue gun, and put them down on the non stick surface? I was trying to pick the sequence...this could be a watch TV and destroy a brush thing.

Les

Thanks Les, hard to take pictures but I put a drop of hot glue on the non stick surface and stick some bristles or brush parts into it..
Go to Top of Page

Locoman
Fireman

USA
1570 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  06:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good Martin. Thanks. Where can I buy some of those old, worn out, looking brushes.
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
14565 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  07:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tutorial, Martin. Iím saving that for future use.

George
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000