Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 100

Philip
Fireman

USA
3371 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  12:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Good afternoon still following along watching all you guys start and finish your awesome projects! Out of all of them I really like the yellow building Martin constructed and the recent turntable by Geez and troels super layout. I looked back to July 12th my last post in the lounge. Dang I take forever to do anything! Still plugging along with the MDC Shay conversion. Have all the wiring done w DCC from a donor ON30 gas mechanical guts trying to mount all the junk and get it done here is a couple of photo. I vote the MDC Shay as the worst mechanical piece of junk to every hit the market! Must have taken it apart and reassembled it 100 times. Run smooth just a little noisy typical of MDC box cab coffe grinders.

Go to Top of Page

kirk
Fireman

Sweden
4928 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  12:48:34 AM  Show Profile
Good marning all! Coffee ready brewed, and croissants fresh from the baker too...

Up early as usual... love these mornings with time to read the forum life before walking the dog. Then I'll have to continue with the DVD preparations... I did manage to get some pilings in place for the salt warehouse yesterday though

Have a great day and weekend all!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6736 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  07:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
Afternoon all, up late as usual not that much of a morning time guy..great to see that you'll still have a bit of time for modeling Troels....havin a lunch with pancakes so join me if you like....have to redo the roof on the boxcar, not to prototypical with all those wrinkles in the canvas, well maybe I can sand them out....altough I like the look..

Have a great day...
Go to Top of Page

elwoodblues
Fireman

Canada
6451 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  08:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone and thanks for the coffee Troels.

Another great day starting here but unfortunately, I feel under the weather, so it looks like I'm just going to take it easy today.

Have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca
Go to Top of Page

kirk
Fireman

Sweden
4928 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  08:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Martin, if you like the wrinkles just keep them... I'd blame the O scale guy who was drunk when he laid the canvas. If I make a crooked wall and other non-conform stuff I usually blame the old Heureka "Tremolo" Arnold, who has worked almost everywhere in my area, and being a fan of the green bottle he has made a lot of not too straight stuff ;-)

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden
Go to Top of Page

mabloodhound
Fireman

USA
6703 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  09:19:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, Martin, the best time for painting shutters is in the morning
I thinks you'll like the canvas better if it's smooth and sanding it should work.
Troel's DVD is sure to be a sellout. With all the work going into it I know it'll be a platinum album.
Go to Top of Page

Leo Starrenburg
Crew Chief

963 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  10:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon all !

Up early as well, must have been about the same time as Troels: 05.40-ish LT.

Just back from work where I had a 'pleasant' meeting with a BIG electric motor and a star/delta circuit which started running CW and switched into high gear running CCW. Happy to report that I won :-)

Now off to the local pub for a well-earned brew and a bite to eat, anyone tagging along ?

cheers, Leo.
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6736 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  11:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
Afternoon all, bit of modeling done today, first attempt ever to do peeling paint Chuck's style....now I'm of for a soccer game and do the same as Leo, grab a few brews...cheers..
Enjoy the rest of the day....
Go to Top of Page

andykins
Fireman

United Kingdom
4279 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  2:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage
evening all,

been at a local-ish model railway show today, picked up at 6:30 am! looong day, nice show, photos soon.

hope everyone has had a nice day
Go to Top of Page

BBLmber
Fireman

USA
6444 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  3:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon All, ice tea and other cold beverages are in the fridge, and a snack tray is on the counter.

It's off to WV to visit my mom and my daughter. I am going to stay done on my cousins farm( party place) where he has his winery. I'll sample some of the still drippings.

It is also right along the CSX right of way, so a little train watching.

Philip, the shay is starting to look great.

Everyone have a good week, see you next weekend.

Mark

W,L,&E
Go to Top of Page

andykins
Fireman

United Kingdom
4279 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  04:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage
morning all,
tea coffee and some nice fruit and buns helps yourself.

philip the shays looking good.

here are some photos from the show from the weekend, i didnt take many photos of anything else because i had seen most of it before, but here are some snaps of models made by sid bunker (the same friend with the garden railway we played with in the week) its all 7/8ths and every but wheels, running gear, figures and some detail parts has been scratch built, or made from house hold stuff/junk/toys.

also at the show was charle fox-wilson out side with a few loops and some of his stock running around. he has a very very large scenic layout he takes around to shows called brokebrick mountain. but alas i didnt take photos :P

anyway this weeks ganna be busy with some railroad stuff to do this week, as well as jobcentre and getting ready for belgium on friday.

hope everyone has a good day
Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Netherlands
6736 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  06:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
G'day all, thanks for the goodies Andy. Sanding the last 6 shutters before their final coat of paint....pfffffff almost done....try to do a bit of modeling tonight, big game tomorrow for the FC, for a place in the Champions League against Benfica. Still have to swop tickets they send me 3 for a skybox....

Have a great day
Go to Top of Page

Leo Starrenburg
Crew Chief

963 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  07:11:21 AM  Show Profile
Good to hear it's almost done Martin !

Got 4 more days of ship-routine work to go and then things get normal again,
can't wait to get going on the Garratt again :-)

Hope they look like this tomorrow !!

cheers, Leo.

Edited by - Leo Starrenburg on 08/15/2011 07:12:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

elwoodblues
Fireman

Canada
6451 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  08:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone and thanks for the coffee Andy.

Still feeling under the weather but did manage to get some work done on the tractor shed build, updates can be found here http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33697

Andy, thanks for the photos, looks like some great modeling was to be had at the show.

Martin, the end is in site then it's back to the fun stuff.

Have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca
Go to Top of Page

Curator49
Crew Chief

Australia
589 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

My son and I are both on holidays this week so we have started construction on Stage 2 of Silkwood Depot, our On30 Empire. I had bought in some 4X1 and 2X1 timber, double-slotted metal strips and brackets over the past month so we had all the materials ready. Progress has been a bit slow at first with really only two full days of work completed since last Saturday.

The top deck along the left-hand wall of the shed was completed earlier this year with trackwork laid and operational although we still have to start applying the scenery.

We now have installed the double-slotted metal strips and brackets along the right-hand side of the shed and have made the L-Girders to be fixed to the brackets. One pair of L-Girders is almost 3 metres long and the other pair 4 metres long. We also have to construct the baseboard framework across the back of the shed to link up the right-hand and left-hand sides of the shed.

We should get the L-Girders we have already made installed today and then start looking at what we need to do along the back of the shed.

Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 100 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 31.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000