That's great news Rhett, congrats!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  11:25:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It only took us another month to complete the real estate deal from hell. Been living out of boxes, and the tension and uncertainty have been incredible. There were three families on hold waiting with contigencies till it all came through two days ago. Closed twice yesterday, on the house we're selling and the one we're buying. Will be able to move in a couple of days, after that all the projects start, including building a new workbench in my new train room YEAH!!!! . Hopefully I'll be able to get some modeling done if there is any down time. I am excited about actually having space to construct a layout. I plan on having both standard and narrow gauge. First things first though, need to have a plan to suit the area I have and then benchwork.
YEAH!!! WHOOPEE!!! I GOT A TRAIN ROOM!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11026 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  2:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome news indeed Rhett! [:-thumbu]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17602 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  6:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Rhett!

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

acousticco
Fireman

Canada
1477 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  10:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the new house and new room for more small scale projects!

-Cody
Go to Top of Page

dnhman
Fireman

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  07:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best wishes with your new home,,

Cheers!, Joe
Go to Top of Page

closetguy
Fireman

USA
1560 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  09:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit closetguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rhett, just found this thread. Nice builds. The detail work is fantastic. What makes them even better is the fact that they are in "N" scale. I'm impressed.
Mike M
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  10:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. It'll be awhile before I get back into the swing, too many home projects to complete right now and three youngins all having homework. Everything is going smoothly. Will try to at least find time to browse your progress.
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  07:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting to plan some work on my room. will tear out the existing carpet and put in either tile or split brick. I prefer the split brick. I have two choices for layout style. I can use basically four 4 X 8's creating an 8 x 16 island or a wrap around style which I think I am leaning torwards. This would be about a 30"-36" shelf style following the walls (which has several offsets in it)and wrapping back around abit. I think I am leaning torward the shelf style because I can actually run two levels one over the other. This would let me have my mainline layout and my mining and logging on different levels. It also increases my square footage available. Got my shipments of N scale flex track and Z scale flex (for Nn3)just waiting for a table. Need to research the construction and lighting I would need to use. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. I tried to post some pictures of the room but unfortunately I am having some technical issues this morning (the user not the pc)
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  07:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also have another important decision to make - a name for my layout. Since I don't live in Hurley any longer "Hurley Station" no longer seems appropriate. I am not working on a prototypical line, just basic steam era. Decisions, decisions.
Go to Top of Page

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  11:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to here about your new house and work bench I just moved mine and found a bunch of stuff I forgot about years ago, And also finally will be able to look out windows(the other one was in a cave sort of) and it just makes for a better work area. Tom
Go to Top of Page

deemery
Fireman

USA
4405 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2011 :  12:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not have the railroad connect Hurley to your new home? Hurley & "Wherever"??

dave
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  10:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well "Hurley & Mobile" just doesn't have that ring to it. There is "Mobile & Ohio", "Mobile, Jackson & Kansas City", "Mississippi Export", "Louisville & Nashville" and a large number of old logging lines from the region. Since I am not going to be modeling a particular road I didn't want to tie myself down by using one lines name. I was considering if I do the floor in split brick calling it the "Brickyard" but not all that happy with that. The area we live in is known as the Seven Hills area. Could go with "Seven Hills RR".That could be the winner.
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  08:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody interested in the history of southern railroading (mainline, shortline and logging) should check out this site: http://www.msrailroads.com These people have compiled an impressive history of railroading in Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana. It is a treasure trove of photos and interesting facts.
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1515 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  9:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to your steam RR. Too bad it won't be Louisville and Nashville
L&N nut
Jon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000