Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  10:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Posting some progress on the boat and the shed. The cabin on the boat is still in progress as well as the deck machinery but almost done with those. Still need to install the masts and rigging along with the cleats and some vents. I'll have to start thinking of a crew soon. The shed is coming along nicely, the parts so far fit perfectly. The kit came with some plastic sheet for the windows. I am thinking of using glaze. I have never tryed it before. Have to decide if I want to use tarpaper or shingle for the roofing.

Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  06:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  07:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The camera sure does show the weak spots. The port side looks good but the stbd side needs a little touch up and scraping here and there. The trays and equipment need a little rust and some dull coat to remove the sheen as well as the stack on top. Need to get the waterline done as well before finishing up the topside.
Go to Top of Page

acousticco
Fireman

Canada
1484 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  4:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both are looking good! Is that a popsicle stick under the boat? Is it really that small?
-Cody
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  10:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it is a popsicle stick. Yes it is that small. The pictures are about twice the size of the actual model.
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  10:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it is a popsicle stick. Yes it is that small. The pictures are about twice the size of the actual model.
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  10:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that was strange, I hit the submit button and it didn't do anything so I hit it again after waiting and it posted twice.
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17603 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  5:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like what you've done on the ship and house.
Sometimes, the forum software is having problem with its huge databasis, I think, and seems to stammer. It's not a big problem (and you can easily delete one of the repetitive posts).

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2010 :  9:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holidays and a particularly nasty virus passing through our home have put modeling on the back burner for a couple of weeks, will post progress when I can make some. I wish all a very merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17603 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2010 :  04:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish you and your family a good recovery, and the best Christmas and New Year.

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2010 :  06:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same to you Rhett and I hope the virus runs it course and is history soon.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  1:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dittos

Go to Top of Page

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  09:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Virus has run its coarse, most of the gifts are wrapped,kids are all itching for Christmas morning, and I actually got a little time to work on my shed this morning before the rest of the house was up. I decided I didn't like the way the door looked, too thick and since I am going to make this a bicycle repair shop I want to be able to have the doors open. I had to remove the door and the frame from around the wall and then removed the frame and placed it on the wall, then cleaned up the door and split it down the middle. I sanded the door backs down some to reduce the thickness which was too thick for Nscale. Restained the sanded parts and areas where I had scraped and sanded the glue off. Got some bicycles and bike riders to place, need to make a sign for the business (Bennies Bicycle Repair?) and some interior shelving. I may add some welding equipment, whats a bike repair shop if they can't fix a cracked frame? Will post my progress soon.
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  11:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Will post my progress soon."

Looking forward to it!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Rowan
Section Hand

Australia