Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

n/a
deleted

66 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  5:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Jack,
You might be voting for Athearn soon, depending on how they price themselves in the N scale market. I have product on order - West Coast express goodies from Athearn. Of course, they will arrive when I am broke.

Rick Nicholson
Any layout is better than no layout
Go to Top of Page

JohnC
New Hire

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  9:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to say it, but anyone but Bachmann. Anything B-Mann that I have has died or broken. Some of my equipment is more than thirty-five years old and operational, except for the Bachmann stuff.

John

Severe Storm Chasing and trains are one. While out chasing you see trains, and lots of them!
Go to Top of Page

Southern Pacific
New Hire

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  11:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Southern Pacific's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Voted for Atlas, but Kato is a favorite also.[:-spin]

Southern Pacific Lines #1
SP is my railroad.
SP 9811
SP 9824
SPH&TS #R2180
Go to Top of Page

Flyfisherman
New Hire

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  3:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for Bachmann,because they really do stand behind thier products. However they are all good. Dont worry be happy
Go to Top of Page

CNWfan
New Hire

13 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2003 :  5:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CNWfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like a couple others, I own both Atlas and Kato N scale locos. Like them both, will keep buying both, and as soon as IM or Proto make some DCC ready N locos I can use, I will try them out also. I think as long as it is a quality product, I will buy without checking who manufactures it.
Go to Top of Page

QuickarElectronics
New Hire

25 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  10:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit QuickarElectronics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now I am not sure.
I used to say Kato, but I just bought a couple of Kato N Scale SD-70M's (TFM) and they are not even close to being as quiet and smooth as the pair of Kato N scale SD-90MACS (UP) that I bought a year ago.

These new Kato's are no better than my N Scale Atlas Locos. I am very disappointed.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Mark Hannah
Quickar Electronics, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

PC_Geep
New Hire

1 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  6:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Atlas Gets my vote

Pete
Go to Top of Page

Cowcatcher
Fireman

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  3:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cowcatcher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Pete! I like Atlas too but the competition certainly is getting better.
Go to Top of Page

nskailer
New Hire

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  9:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like KATO the best. Their locomotives are powerful and run both quietly and smoothly at any speed. The details on them are done very well also. I think the new Atlas are getting there. I have a couple of Dash 8-40Bs and B36-7s and they both run very well. I also like the new Life like C-424. In the coming years it will be fun to see what they all produce.
Go to Top of Page

David B Hill
New Hire

21 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  2:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a genuine N-scaler entry because I own some of the stuff even tho most of my action is HO. I'm planning a forced-perspective skyline line in N around the top of a 'round the room layout. It like rest of the spread will be up to just before diesel, ie the following applies to sateamer availability only.
At my LHS, Model Power & Bachman were first recommendation since they are (my first spec) reliable and (second)DCC ready. Kato and MDC came next I ended uyp w/ aBachmann Consolidation because it was THERE.
Go to Top of Page

dch-NS
New Hire

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  1:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Question, Kato all the way. The best built and best running. I have two SD80MAC Norfolk Southern and one SD90MAC Canadian Pacific all are N-Scale and they Digitrax decoders installed in them.
Go to Top of Page

fglk
New Hire

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  7:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like Like is geting out there with there selection of engions and I my self feel that they seem to have an advantage here with makeing there rare odd ball engions SW9/1200's, SW6,8,& 900 locomotives, ALCO/MLW C424's, MLW RS10's and MLW RS18's, there Chop Nose GP9's every detail is set according to CN and CP Rails Specs and Blue Prints. These are rilly rilly nice engions as well. But Atlas makes some rilly nice engions I only see that they have a vary low down fall on road names who cares about UP or ATSF. Kato makes some of the best engions out there but there price can scare some people away.
Go to Top of Page

pjb
Section Hand

85 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2004 :  07:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prefer MICRO-ACE , secondary to their production of heavy duty mainline electric power , and their mallet
Go to Top of Page

adamizer
New Hire

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  9:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far I have the most luck with Kato early and late models, Atlas late models.

JE
Go to Top of Page

adamizer
New Hire

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  5:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love see some FP45~s smooth units in Silver & red & blue & yellow.

JE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000