Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The New Orleans UPT: A Final Photo Tour!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

desertdrover
Engineer

USA
15907 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  10:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Cliff, now that you showed us the Prototype pictures, how about posting the modeling shots for us! :-)

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast
Go to Top of Page

maandg
Engine Wiper

474 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  11:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit maandg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to everyone for continuing to respond to my photos in such a positive manner. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it!

Louis, it’s interesting that you compare these to actual prototype photos. I received an email from Andy Sperandeo today in response to the same photos. In it, he says “Your photos almost bring tears to my eyes. They make me recall how much time I used to spend at the station, and what an exciting place it used to be. You’ve really captured it.” Considering that he is a native of New Orleans, I was quite pleased.

Some of you may recall that Tony Koester has approved a manuscript I submitted for Model Railroad Planning. The subject of this article is utilizing the NOUPT as a layout design element…not the station as a model per se. However, Andy is interested in a companion article for Model Railroader focusing on the actual construction of the model. The plan is to time the MR article to run simultaneously with the release of MRP. This would be similar to the 2-part MR article that Gary Hoover wrote on his Santa Fe San Bernardino station about a year ago. In his articles, Part One focused on the LDE aspect, and Part Two dealt with the modeling techniques involved. Mine would be similar – just in 2 magazines instead of back-to-back months in one.

I’ll keep everyone updated on these projects in the Crew Lounge. It’s so rewarding to share my work here with such a talented group of guys. Thanks for the opportunity!

Cliff Powers
The Mississippi Alabama & Gulf
Please visit my layout website at
www.magnoliaroute.com

Edited by - maandg on 01/22/2010 11:23:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Australia
5872 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  11:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First Time i've seen this.
Congrats on the project & photography.
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Engine Wiper

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  11:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff,

Congratulations on the further verification and recognition of your New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal by MR and MRP for what we lucky members of the Railroad-Line Forum already knew and enjoyed watching develop for almost a year and a half, great concept, plan and awesome modeling. We'll be watching for further notice of publication dates from you.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
Go to Top of Page

Peterpools
Engineer

USA
12335 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  05:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cliff
I've been aboard since day one and have both enjoyed and learned quite a bit from your prototype construction thread, which in reality became a wonderful tutorial. I look at a number of the final photographs and find it hard to tell it's a model rather then a slice of life. My congratulations for completing such an ambitious project so perfectly. Tanks for sharing with us all.
Peter
Go to Top of Page

Grubes
Crew Chief

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  09:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff,

A great overview and a fitting photo finish to a magnificent work.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

USA
5863 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  02:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff,

You are to be congratulated on such an outstanding build. Quite a feat and accomplishment!

Arthur

Arthur
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000