Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The New Orleans UPT: A Final Photo Tour!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

maandg
Engine Wiper

474 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  11:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit maandg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that my model of the New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal is completed, I thought it was fitting to share a final walk-through photo tour. These photos were chosen for the atmosphere, flavor and realism they convey of the prototype. I hope they create a believable sense of ďyou are thereĒ.

I will refrain from commenting on each picture, and simply let the photos speak for themselves. I hope you enjoy the tour!

You can follow the 17-month construction of the terminal through this thread.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21008

I would be interested in hearing your feedback and comments. Thanks for taking the tour!

Cliff Powers
The Mississippi Alabama & Gulf
Please visit my layout website at
www.magnoliaroute.com

Dave S
Engine Wiper

USA
415 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  12:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff,

Stunningly beautiful! Incredible how realistic the passenger terminal became as you moved from concept, to the actual build, then to the detailing and lighting and finally the close in photos. I can almost smell the diesel fuel, oil and grease in the caverns of the train shed. The photos taken outside the passenger terminal in the cab stand area make me want to walk into the waiting room and up to the ticket counter, get my first class ticket, hand my bag to the porter and move into my bedroom accomodation for the long ride aboard the Panama Limited to Chicago. All aboard!

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

Edited by - Dave S on 01/21/2010 12:34:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
15246 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  08:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff,

Iíve been following your construction series and Iíve been impressed with the high quality of your work. Now that I can sit back and look at the finished station, Iím even more impressed. Thatís one fantastic model. Thanks for letting us watch you build it.

George
Go to Top of Page

MarkF
Engineer

USA
13728 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  08:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff, I too have watched this build from beginning to end and really enjoyed this photo tour. I can't even begin to comprehend all the details, time and effort that went into this project, but it turned out beautifully. The accuracy, your attention to detail, and of course your craftsmanship all contribute to make this a one of a kind museum quality model.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

elwoodblues
Fireman

Canada
6451 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  09:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cliff,

I to have followed the construction thread and it was well worth the trip. I love the final pictures. Your use of the LP is fantastic, not overdone but each one tells a story.

Can't wait to see that the next build will see.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca
Go to Top of Page

FiatFan
Engine Wiper

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  09:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A true craftsman. Outstanding work!

Tom
Go to Top of Page

k9wrangler
Engineer

USA
10429 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  09:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, now you need a ton of trains to fill up those train sheds.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line
Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Canada
8347 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  10:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cliff, this project of yours has been fantastic to watch! Your attention to detail has been impeccable, and you now have a passenger terminal that shines as bright as the rest of your fantastic layout!

Greg Shinnie
Go to Top of Page

LVN
Fireman

Canada
5293 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  10:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice Cliff. I really love the scale of the project. It really gives you that big time passenger operation which you do not see on most model railroads. I really like the concourse and the details from the lockers to the murals.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shark_jj
Engine Wiper

Canada
389 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  3:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff, this model was stunning for its size and the quality of the modelling. What is particularly impressive is that when you look at the smaller details they are done as exquisitely as the grand panoramic view. I am also taken by how the people fit into each scene and bring it to life. This is without a doubt one of the best models I have ever seen built.

John Johnston
Grand Trunk Southern
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  5:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff, it's been great to follow your build of this huge station. The project was huge too, and you've completed it perfectly. It was always nice to see the building thread appear again in the active topics and discover the new progress you'd made on the station. I don't have any doubt that you'll find other great models to add to your layout and our pleasure.
Go to Top of Page

railbuilderdhd
Engine Wiper

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  9:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cliff,
I have to thanks you because if it wasn't for your build I don't think I would have gone to the station and looked at it like a modeler would. Now, after being to the station I have to say you've built a great model here that's outstanding. I loved following your build and wait to see what you do next. Please be sure to let us know when you start your next project.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

UKGuy
Fireman

USA
6276 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  09:30:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Simply incredible Cliff, both the photography and without doubt the masterpiece of a model. It has been awe inspiring to follow the construction of this mamoth project, thanks for taking the time to post the progress along the way. An amazing build.

Karl.A

Go to Top of Page

akimmons
Fireman

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  1:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Send akimmons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cliff
This is an incredible model. Your craftsmanship, artistry and attention to detail are second to none. You could have posted 100 photos of the finished product and most of us would have drooled over everyone. I just hope I'm lucky enough to see it in person again some day.

Arnold Kimmons
General Manager
Royal and Edisto Railroad

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49360
Go to Top of Page

simon1966
Fireman

USA
2861 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  1:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simply wonderful, thanks for posting these final images.
Go to Top of Page

Danny Head
Fireman

USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  8:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding !!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: