Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

brownbr
Fireman

USA
1239 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  5:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see why this will be the signature scene.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  11:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that bridge is awesome! The whole scene is awesome!

Visit www.raydunakin.com to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!
Go to Top of Page

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  12:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BTW, is this standard gauge? For some reason it looks wider to me, like maybe 5' gauge. Maybe I've just been looking at too many narrow gauge layouts?

Visit www.raydunakin.com to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!
Go to Top of Page

bkempins
Engine Wiper

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  12:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Dunakin

BTW, is this standard gauge? For some reason it looks wider to me, like maybe 5' gauge. Maybe I've just been looking at too many narrow gauge layouts?

Yes, it is standard O gauge, which is 5 ft gauge.
Go to Top of Page

Coaltrain
Crew Chief

956 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  2:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That bridge scene is fantastic.

I was watching the video of a train crossing the bridge and noticed that the chuffing of the locomotive seems to not match the rotation of the wheels on the locomotive, maybe the audio is out of sync but when I watched the first part of the video again I counted that you are getting about 3 chuffs every two revolutions and you should be getting 4 chuffs per 1 revolution. if it was the audio of the video being off never mind.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

bkempins
Engine Wiper

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  4:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The sound is out of synch because it is just voltage regulated. I did not add a cam. I could try to match the voltage to the sound better, but I haven't devoted the effort to it. That is on the do list.
Go to Top of Page

bkempins
Engine Wiper

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  10:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I replaced the overexposed sky in photoshop on this image.

Edited by - bkempins on 05/12/2012 10:57:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

mabloodhound
Fireman

USA
5547 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  11:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Much better Bernie. [:-thumbu]

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17658 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  1:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful scene, Bernie. The sky is great indeed.

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

ba4990
Engine Wiper

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  4:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Kempinski,

I have been following your blog for sometime and always find it enlightening in terms of history, railroads as well as modeling. Thank you for sharing.

You may have already seen this, but I found this picture of Aquia Landing while browsing a website called Old Picture dot com. The link to the picture is below.

http://www.old-picture.com/civil-war/Landing-Creek-Aquia.htm

Sincerely,

Bill Allen
Arbor Creek and Middle River Railway
Go to Top of Page

bkempins
Engine Wiper

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  09:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recent progress on Stoneman's Station. This scene is not finished, but it is getting close.

Go to Top of Page

bkempins
Engine Wiper

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  09:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ba4990

Mr. Kempinski,

I have been following your blog for sometime and always find it enlightening in terms of history, railroads as well as modeling. Thank you for sharing.

You may have already seen this, but I found this picture of Aquia Landing while browsing a website called Old Picture dot com. The link to the picture is below.

http://www.old-picture.com/civil-war/Landing-Creek-Aquia.htm

Sincerely,

Thanks for the note. That is a neat shot. The detail visible is incredible. Note the glossy finish on the box car. You can download a very high resolution copy of this photo for free at the Library of Congress website:

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/civwar/item/cwp2003000170/PP/
Go to Top of Page

Neil M
Fireman

Australia
2271 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  05:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is taking shape wonderfully. I love the photo with the Photoshopped sky

Built a waterfront HO layout in Ireland http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22161 but now making a start in On30 in Australia
Go to Top of Page

Graffen
Fireman

Sweden
1062 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  05:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Graffen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bkempins

quote:
Originally posted by Ray Dunakin

Yes, it is standard O gauge, which is 5 ft gauge.

I thought that only Russia and Panama had 5' gauge?
Standard gauge is 4' 8 1/2" in most parts.
Unless the USMRR had it?

Swedish custom painter
http://sites.google.com/site/graffairbrushart
Go to Top of Page

mabloodhound
Fireman

USA
5547 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  09:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See Bernie's explanation about gauge on his Blog: http://usmrr.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-layout-philosophy-prototype-or.html

And a very nice scene it will be when finished.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000