Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 77

scott robertson
Crew Chief

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  6:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, My name is Scott. And, I can not stop building structures. Is there a 12-step program for this sort of thing? The following are pictures of a trading post/canoe rental building that will be located on one of the new 1/2 corner modules in our club layout. Basic board on board balsa construction over foam board, some scrap board/batten sheet I had laying around, photo texture paper roof, and miscellaneous signs I collected from the internet. Scott

Go to Top of Page

jcoop
Fireman

USA
1269 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  6:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are going to need a bigger layout.

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 17th 2014
Go to Top of Page

BBLmber
Fireman

USA
4675 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  7:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great, Scott. You can always build some for me.

Mark

W,L,&E

Edited by - BBLmber on 10/05/2011 7:07:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

USA
1459 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  7:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, Scott,

Looks real good.

Where do you get your figures ?

What scale is this ?

Keep up the good work.

Rich
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2497 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  01:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The signs are a wonderful touch, Scott...the structure has lots of character.

Why would you want a 12-step program when it's a healthy addiction? ;o) None of us want to see you kicking the habit anytime soon!
Go to Top of Page

jcoop
Fireman

USA
1269 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  12:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich,

I can tell you it's On30, I cannot tell you where he gets the figures, but I expect they are a mix of Artista and others

John

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 17th 2014
Go to Top of Page

scott robertson
Crew Chief

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  1:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The figures used on this model are Woodland Scenics (some are the fishing fathers and sons). One figure (bending over) is a modified Tamiya (sp) German Tank maintenance soldier in 1:48 scale. They come in a set with great accessories. However, you have to assemble legs and arms, and sometimes heads. Great detail but a pain in my (impatient) opinion. Scott
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17605 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  1:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great new structure, Scott. It's sure your addiction may result into the need to buy another room to host the little buildings...

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

andykins
Fireman

United Kingdom
4065 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  3:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looks great scott, but like verne, why would you want a help program? :P if i could turn printed "textures" that are often over looked and turn them into great looking buildings then i wouldnt want help :D
Go to Top of Page

hokie_tech
Engine Wiper

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  9:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here I was planning a nice productive day, when I stumbled onto your thread. I spent all afternoon reading and enjoying your modeling.

On second thought maybe it was very productive. I learned a lot and can't wait to put some of your ideas into motion.

Thanks for sharing,
Bill

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

kirk
Fireman

Sweden
4730 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  12:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yet another fine structure! I have been suffering from the same condition... Try relieving the pressure elsewhere

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden
http://coastline.no13.se

Edited by - kirk on 10/07/2011 12:56:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

scott robertson
Crew Chief

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  8:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In an effort to try something a little different I have decided to try and salvage an old building I kit bashed many years ago but never really found a place for on the layout. The Losten Foundry will be built from a base of two HO-scale Revel Bakery kits (the brick looks about right in O-scale) stacked to create a small brick industry. The windows look about right and by adding a door or two in O-scale it is acceptable in size. I plan on adding some wood lean-to sheds and a wood office structure to cover a gapping hole in one end (and add some character). There are a lot of bad seams that will need to be covered by piping and such - we will see how that goes. The following pics include a quick sketch study (as seen from the main line) and the shell of the existing building. Stay tuned! Scott

Go to Top of Page

scott robertson
Crew Chief

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2011 :  12:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yesterday our module group met and one of our members delivered some Bachmann Donkey Engines he purchased en-mass for some of us. The detailing is excellent. The model represents a smallish machine in O-scale (could even be used for HO and S), but still very nice. It comes assembled (except for two small parts) on a small skidder and painted. However, I brushed on a wash of wrought Iron black and some rust streaks to present a little weathering. I intend to build a larger skidder out of balsa and perhaps display the model as flat car load. A wonderful model for very little effort, for about $25.00. Scott

Go to Top of Page

scott robertson
Crew Chief

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  4:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just about complete with the Losten Foundry. I still need to build a water tank and some stairs to the upper office door (other side of building - I hate building stairs and rails), maybe a few signs. Not sure when I will get around to that, so I thought I would share now. As mentioned earlier this build started from some HO-scale Revel kits that I have had pieced together many years ago but never really used. Scott

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 77 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000