Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 100

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2507 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  01:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage
Okay, I was bored tonight and thought I might give a few of my cast of characters a sneak peek of the town of Sonora Grande, and get their reaction. Allow me to present some mean hombres on the streets of Sonora Grande, getting their first look at their new home:

They are (left to right): Half-brother Paco, Davey, Curly and Joe. They don't look very happy.

The cantina is empty with no one to service their dry throats, which has their tempers a bit on edge. I believe Curly is saying something like "Why the hell ain't the town finished yet?"

I can't wait to paint these fellas up and bring them to life. Curly will be really ticked off when he realizes he isn't finished, either!

Offstage is the overworked Sheriff, who means well but luckily is always at the right place, far from danger, when 'stuff' goes down in the town. The cast of characters will also include Apache renegades, 'spaghetti western' rejects, loafers, drunkards and other riff-raff and ne'er-do-wells. To paraphrase Hedley Lamar in the movie Blazing Saddles: "Give me pugs, thugs, cutrhoats, bush-whackers, horn-swagglers, horse thieves, muggers, vipers, snipers..."

The hard working miners are also awaiting their own scene, away from the commotion in town.

Edited by - MinerFortyNiner on 12/03/2011 2:45:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17629 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  04:27:22 AM  Show Profile
Indeed, they look a bit scary, Verne. Are you sure you really want to paint them and bring such bad guys to life? Then, Sonora Grande might become a hell for honest and gentle people...

I don't remember if you've already posted that, so I'll ask : who is the maker of this fine group of "bandidos"?

Frederic Testard
Go to Top of Page

Tommatthews
Fireman

8445 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  09:06:39 AM  Show Profile
Verne,
You better hide the women and children ...

That town ain't no place for clean livin people ...
Go to Top of Page

BigLars
Engineer

USA
9126 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  09:49:44 AM  Show Profile
Verne,
Great cast the guy on the right looks like Clint Eastwood in the Good the Bad and the Ugly.
Now you need to find some women of questionable character.
Larry

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2507 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  10:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage
Heh...Larry, we thinks alike, we does. But to Tom's and Frederkc's concerns: the good, law-biding folk of Sonora Grande will have a peaceful existince most of the time. The riff-raff periodically show up around when the mine payroll comes to town, or when the moon is full...

Frederic, if you are curious as to their origin, seek ye the Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Company...
Go to Top of Page

Tommatthews
Fireman

8445 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  12:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Verne,

I am getting SQL errors on the HLBS website. JUst wondering if others are getting the same.
Go to Top of Page

akimmons
Fireman

USA
1368 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  1:13:31 PM  Show Profile
A cast of characters that gives your RR character!

Arnold Kimmons
General Manager
Royal & Edisto Railroad
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19182
Go to Top of Page

Geezer
Engineer

USA
10211 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  1:26:53 PM  Show Profile
Same here Tom...

The Geezer

Bill
The only "REAL" Geezer

"Before you say it's my fault, Are you SURE it was my job?"

My Threads:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39181&whichpage=1
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34275&whichpage=1
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28172&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2507 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  1:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage
Yes, same here. I ordered my figures a month ago, the site was working fine and had some fun items on it...I sent a note to the proprietor advising him his code isn't, um, up to code...

Edited by - MinerFortyNiner on 03/19/2009 1:53:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

quarryman
Fireman

USA
1130 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit quarryman's Homepage
Verne-

Since the big reward was posted for any information on the whereabouts of the elusive Sorefeets brothers, I have been running identity checks on shady southwestern characters.

It appears that "Davey", as he calls himself, may be traveling under an alias.

His profile matches up with this elusive character

Might want to tell the sheriff to keep an eye on this one

Mark

Visit my Piedmont & East Blue Ridge Railroad
http://www.eastblueridge.com
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2507 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage
Mark, good buddy, that is the FUNNIEST thing I have seen all year! I am picking myself off the floor as I type this...

The sheriff and his posse are staking out the local hobby shop, where a shipment of narrow gauge models is due. If this hombre shows up, he will have a lot of 'splainin' to do...
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2507 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage
Turns out, based on a telegram received overnight, that 'Davey' is AKA 'Mal', believed to be short for 'Malo' - which translates as 'bad' in Spanish. Malo is wanted for numerous crimes along with his compadres. "These desperados usually hang together," the sheriff explained. "But in this case, we might hang them separately..."

Edited by - MinerFortyNiner on 03/20/2009 10:47:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

jmartin
Engine Wiper

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  3:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jmartin's Homepage
That was freaking hilarious. Wonder if Malcolm has seen this? LOL

John Martin
Fort Mill, SC
http://skokomishlumberandmining.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

USA
2507 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  4:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage
OK, I have never been totally satisfied with the track arrangement of my published plan...particularly the locomotive service area. I felt I needed more vertical emphasis in the scene, and was missing an opportunity for a more dramatic branch line climbing on a switchback around the room. So, I changed the plan and have built a switchback where the locomotive facilty was. It provides visual interest and allows multiple-level operation via DCC (when installed).

It is very common to see multiple rights-of way at different levels in mining districts, and I wanted to re-create a scene similar to this along the Coronado Railroad following Chase Creek:

The Coronado 20" gauge is down by the creek, with the Shannon Arizona 3-foot gauge above. A highway is located above the SARR. Here is the switchback as it appears from entering the railroad room:

Edited by - MinerFortyNiner on 12/03/2011 2:59:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

BigLars
Engineer

USA
9126 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  4:55:23 PM  Show Profile
Verne,
That will add a lot of interest toyour railroad, good change of plans.
Larry

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 100 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page