New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Tony,
I have been following your progress in the Challenge thread but see I better keep looking at this thread for the craftsmanship is fantastic.

I like everything but the scene you have created in the interior really is most impressive.[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

As for you question on the gas pumps you might consider having this formally been a gas station which is now nothing more than a garage for repairs.
Then you could give a hint as to what once was there for buying gas.

Again great work and look forward to the next installment.

Thanks John,
That is a great idea. A small concrete footing or something. Neat idea.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  6:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work on the garage, Tony. Building these kind of populated place, with so many details, is a slow process, it's like carving a stone to turn it into a statue. You start with an empty space and slowly you put the right part in the right place, and everything becomes meaningfull.
Very nice!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  8:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Great work on the garage, Tony. Building these kind of populated place, with so many details, is a slow process, it's like carving a stone to turn it into a statue. You start with an empty space and slowly you put the right part in the right place, and everything becomes meaningfull.
Very nice!!!

Thanks Frederic. Your right. I just finished a coat rack with umbrella and hat, along with a coat. I made the coat with a half cape, I think it might be called, the kind that drapes over the shoulder blades, from Sculpy, heated it in the oven and painted it (I have a little touch up spot to do). First time I worked with that. Didn't turn out too bad. I have it near the pot belly stove, so the coat can warm up or dry out after it got wet from the rain. Took me quite a while to figure out how to do it, but it is just one detail at a time.

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  03:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful scene, Tony. How did you make the coat rack? And the hat and umbrella (same technique as the coat?)
If the coat and umbrella were really wet when hanged, you might consider add some damp patches to the floor below them.
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  4:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wonderful scene, Tony. How did you make the coat rack? And the hat and umbrella (same technique as the coat?)
If the coat and umbrella were really wet when hanged, you might consider add some damp patches to the floor below them.

hi Frederic, the hat and umbrella were individual items in a Preiser set I had, cannot tell you which one, I tend to bunch them all together so I don't have to go through so many boxes when searching for that right figure. The coat rack was built using my HO scale chisels and lathe. You know, the one in the machine shop [:-bouncy]. Well, got you thinking for a second [:-clown]. It was a Scale Structures kit, which includes a water cooler. I thought about including the cooler, but am not sure they were around in the 30's or so, but I might put it in anyway. The water drops are there, HO scale of course, can't you see them? They are about .001" wide. There I go again, really, I had thought about the water drops, but in reality, I think they would have dried up pretty quick, and showing water drops on wood in that scale, looks a bit out of scale. Would have to include a lot to be able to see them, plus it was near a warm stove, so wouldn't have time to stay wet too long.

Thanks again for your comments, it keeps me thinking.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  6:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The water drops are there, HO scale of course, can't you see them?

Sorry, Tony, they are hidden by the models of the two red ants so I had missed them...
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  9:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
The water drops are there, HO scale of course, can't you see them?

Sorry, Tony, they are hidden by the models of the two red ants so I had missed them...

Pesky things aren't they?

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  8:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, critique time, be honest, does this bench look like it is lacking something? I was thinking about the possability of building an engine part to put on the bench, or leaving it open, seems like all the model benches i see are too full, thay are all so over crowded you can't put anything on them unles you carve something off. But with that thought, it looks like it needs something. I will be adding some cans, boxes and stuff around the ends of it when in place.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

UKGuy
Fireman

USA
6277 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  10:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great work all the way through Tony, a great inspirational piece. I answered also in the other thread, (which I hope you took in the joking spirit it was meant). Instead of filling it up with clutter why not have two guys nearby taking a smoke break between jobs and just put two coffee mugs there, that would fill in the space and eliminate that 'over cluttered' feel, plus, give you a viable 'mini scene'........ or not.

Karl.A
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  10:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are some outside details I put together, mostly from Rusty Rails castings with a few extra details.

Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

belg
Fireman

USA
4503 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  11:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony the gaage is looking great all the extra details are really making it come to life. Pat

Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by belg

Tony the garage is looking great all the extra details are really making it come to life. Pat

Thanks Pat.

Here are a couple more taken outside. The outdoors has better light. Also wanted to include one of the roof.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
13182 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  12:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu] Outstanding Tony!
Go to Top of Page

UKGuy
Fireman

USA
6277 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  2:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles

[:-thumbu] Outstanding Tony!

I'll definately second that comment, a superb illustration of craftsmanship, I also like the idea of the debris caught on the roof, very authentic.

Karl.A
Go to Top of Page

desertdrover
Engineer

USA
15920 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  6:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have some outstanding, super detailing there Tony on that garage. Fantastic work! [:-thumbu]

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000