Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

belg
Fireman

USA
4503 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  6:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, your detailing on the whole scene is just great. Was the bathroom an after thought or is it not in the final location yet? The reason I ask is it looks like you build a wall in front of your windows? The tools and the workbenches are just wonderful! Pat

Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  6:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by belg

Tony, your detailing on the whole scene is just great. Was the bathroom an after thought or is it not in the final location yet? The reason I ask is it looks like you build a wall in front of your windows? The tools and the workbenches are just wonderful! Pat

Thanks pat. No, I was intending it to be like that. You see, with the openness of the building siding, the workers were complaining about the cold seeping in when they ...well, you know. So the boss built up some insulating walls. It isn't in front of a window, the open door is an open door, I havn't built the doors yet. I photographed the wall seperate to show the details inside.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Edited by - Nelson458 on 06/08/2008 6:49:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

belg
Fireman

USA
4503 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  8:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awful nice of the boss to be so considerate of his employees needs! Looking at it again, I was looking at the cats in the wall and thought it was the tops of windows, my bad sorry about that, Pat

Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  8:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Awful nice of the boss to be so considerate of his employees needs! Looking at it again, I was looking at the cats in the wall and thought it was the tops of windows, my bad sorry about that, Pat

That's ok Pat, don't have any cats [:-kitty] in the wall though, gaps maybe? [:-kitty][:-kitty]

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

belg
Fireman

USA
4503 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  9:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, in the construction industry the horizontal braces in the wall are known as cats, Pat

Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  10:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tony, in the construction industry the horizontal braces in the wall are known as cats, Pat

Really! Well, an old dog has learned something new today.
Thanks Pat.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  6:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote

just finished a tire rack, may add more to this area later, and a oil tank I made from a chopped down Jordan Vehicle tank truck. I used some other parts of the truck in other areas, like the wheels, some body parts as junk outside etc.
Tony Burgess

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  7:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good, Tony. The place with the tires and compressor will remind some of us of something... Very nice finish on the tank with its wooden frame.
Go to Top of Page

desertdrover
Engineer

USA
16011 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  7:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job Tony, and good use of the Jordan parts. As you know a scratchbuilder finds use for everything.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  8:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

Great job Tony, and good use of the Jordan parts. As you know a scratchbuilder finds use for everything.

Thank you Frederic and Louis. I wonder what the tire rack could possible remind 'some of us' of?
Now that I look at the tires closer, they really look like real rubber. And they are metal and plastic castings. I found some real rubber tires on an unfinished kit that someone gave me, from a model military vehicle. I will use those ones outside I think. With so many castings, some scratchbuilt, it is taking ages for the parts to all come together.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  9:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote

My latest I have for the garage is a scratchbuilt desk with books, note pads, ink well, pens, pencils, cup, and a large blotter. (I still have a few details I want to add, like a sandwich or something on the plate). The middle drawer does open and is removable. I have included a picture on how I made the books. It should be self explanatory, at least I hope so. Let me know if it isn't. The scale to the right of the desk is a 1/2" long scale.

Tony Burgess

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  9:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Two ne pictures, showing some changes to the siding.

Tony Burgess

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

George D

USA
16190 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  10:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work on the desk and details, Tony.

George
Go to Top of Page

UKGuy
Fireman

USA
6277 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  11:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tony, this is some incredible modeling, that desk is simply outstanding, I am going to have a hard time replicating that in O..., Your comment about bringing all the parts together taking 'ages' rings very true, but your results are definately worth all the time and effort you are putting into acheiving them, sorry I missed out on this build so far but I'll try to keep up from now as you have some excellent ideas to, ummm, 'borrow'.

Karl.A
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  06:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had missed the desk and its making when you posted it, Tony. This is a great post, sharing great ideas to help everybody make better models. Thank you for that. Where do the bottle and cup come from?
I think the addition of the battens makes the siding more interesting, especially since you can play with missing or misaligned parts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000