New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  11:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/Nelson458/200841211142_!cid_9939DA35-FE62-4F28-B91D-97E495F5754C.gif

Two more updates. I have the machines "finally" finished, with the benches, shelves and junk still to add.
Tony Burgess

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  11:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Tony,

Very nice modeling of the machinery for the shop.[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

You wouldn't by chance remember who makes the details such as the lathe.

hi John,
Thank you. The machines are by Scale Structures Limited. I usually get them off ebay, but Jaks Industries sells them,
http://www.jaksind.com/

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  11:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by time2play

Tony, excellent work on the machinery drive detailing. Thanks for posting these pictures - they really help.

Bob

To Bob, Fred and others. Thanks. It as been quite a while getting to this stage. Having to work in such a small area, trying to position the machines so they will work I found more difficult than first expected. I have uploaded a few shots of a much larger machine shop I did in the early '90's.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  10:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,
Great pictures of both the small and larger shop.[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Also while I think of it, I have following your work over at the FSM Yahoo Group for years and wonder if you might post a few pictures of your other builds here on RR-L when you get a chance.

We have a vehicle forum where boats can be shown.
As I know that you also model these and since the forum is not scale specific how about a few pictures of your work here.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=85

We also have a thread for structures that you have scratch built so you could add a few here.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8355

One favor please, please do not link to the fsm site as those who are not members will not be able to see the pictures.

No rush as I know you want to finish the current project but if you find some time I am sure others would be interested in seeing your work.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John,
Thank you. I won't post links as you ask, didn't even think about it really. Anyway, when I get some time, I will certainly do as you suggest and post some other pictures. It would be a pleasure. I am delighted to know I am being "watched" [:-bigeyes][:-bigeyes2][:-bigeyes2] on other sites.
Tony Burgess

quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

Tony,
Great pictures of both the small and larger shop.[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Also while I think of it, I have following your work over at the FSM Yahoo Group for years and wonder if you might post a few pictures of your other builds here on RR-L when you get a chance.

We have a vehicle forum where boats can be shown.
As I know that you also model these and since the forum is not scale specific how about a few pictures of your work here.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=85

We also have a thread for structures that you have scratch built so you could add a few here.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8355

One favor please, please do not link to the fsm site as those who are not members will not be able to see the pictures.

No rush as I know you want to finish the current project but if you find some time I am sure others would be interested in seeing your work.

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

desertdrover
Engineer

USA
17719 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  5:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony I was just over on the photo gallery of things you have scratch built and saw your chain fall. I sure wish you had done a how-to on that motor hoist. Thats fantastic as well as your whole project on this thread. Outstanding workmanship!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  7:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Louis. I wish I had a digital camera at the time I was doing it. But really, it was straight forward. If I get some memory cells working again, and I find a drawing I made, I will see if I can post it. But don't hold me to it just yet.
Tony

quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

Tony I was just over on the photo gallery of things you have scratch built and saw your chain fall. I sure wish you had done a how-to on that motor hoist. Thats fantastic as well as your whole project on this thread. Outstanding workmanship!

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  7:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice shots of your small and big machine shops, Tony. This is great craftsmanship!
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  9:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fred. The larger one was actually my first machine shop. I really enjoyed building that one. I will have to post some pics of it later in another section. The small one was really quite a challenge, that at times, I thought I wasn't going to get it right, or it wasn't going to work, that it was just too small. In reality, it is too small, but, I made it work.[:-glasses]
Tony

quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Very nice shots of your small and big machine shops, Tony. This is great craftsmanship!

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  9:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are some latest updates. I think this part is finished now, at least for the most part.
Tony Burgess

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  4:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought I would share some pictures of the latest area I finished on Bulger's Garage. It has been a while because of a recent 2 month challenge to build something, and that was a welcome relief from this model for a while. Notice the rolls of paper. Also the plumbing that goes into the wall from the sink. The chain on the commode, is from a piece of discarded jewelry. I tried to get some pin-ups as was probably common in this time, but my printer wouldn't re-produce them small enough to show any detail. The small one is the best I could do, next to the plumbing.

The work bench is cut down from a casting by Rusty Rails, as I wanted to add some detail underneath. I also added a few of my own castings.

The commode and tank are plaster castings I made, which was a test to see if the plaster would better represent the porcelain bowls they are really made of. The casting is a little rough, but I think I got the look I was after.

Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  5:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, Tony. The scene with the man in front of the mirror is outstanding, and I have never seen something like that modelled.
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  5:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Very nice, Tony. The scene with the man in front of the mirror is outstanding, and I have never seen something like that modelled.

Thank you Frederic. Of course, I'd love to be able to do the detail you have done in your garage. I know it is a different scale, but wow! I am starting on the tire rack and air compressor, and am taking your idea, so I hope you don't mind. Won't be exactly the same, but the scene you created was great. I already made the 12 compartment cubby hole for a bench later.

Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  6:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Tony. I'm glad you loved the scene, but I can't say I created it, since I just tried to make the same thing as Chuck Doan on his Red Oak Garage. As I mentionned in another thread, trying to follow such masters requires a steady hand but not lots of imagination...
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
31509 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  6:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, you have some great detailing going into this project!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000