Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

belg
Fireman

USA
4503 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  07:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, very nice job on the whole scene! It looks like the castings box will need some serious restocking after this diorama.Pat

Go to Top of Page

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

USA
4630 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  09:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvelous job, Tony! The details are superb, as is the whole diorama!
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, your garage is a magnificent model. It's a great pleasure to watch all these details everywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Danny Head
Fireman

USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, what can I say!? [:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu] Danny[:-spin]
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  3:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To all who just responded, thank you. It has been one of my more enjoyable projects. I won't have to replenish the castings box though, I still have plenty for other scenes.

Thanks again.
Tony

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Mike Engler
Fireman

USA
1293 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  9:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony- Just read this entire thread and what a great job you did. Very enjoyable as well as educational. Can't wait for your next project. Mike E.
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  9:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by runner

Tony- Just read this entire thread and what a great job you did. Very enjoyable as well as educational. Can't wait for your next project. Mike E.

Thank you Mike. I am glad you enjoyed it. I have not got anything set for my next project. I have so many unbuilt kits, I was thinking about actually doing a real kit for a change. I have even taken a Pensy M1a loco from Bowser off the shelf and have been contemplating doing that. (it will be a first). And I have been researching fire houses for another scratchbuild. So right now, it is open to anything.
Thanks again,
Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page

BobB
New Hire

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  12:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tony;
I Just read this entire thread today and you did a fantastic job especially with your comments and tips(as well as the comments of others). I have a 1/2" scale coopers garage in the planning stages and this will be a great help.

Thank you:
BobB
Go to Top of Page

Nelson458
Fireman

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  4:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobB

Hi Tony;
I Just read this entire thread today and you did a fantastic job especially with your comments and tips(as well as the comments of others). I have a 1/2" scale coopers garage in the planning stages and this will be a great help.

Thank you:
BobB

Bob, I forgot to get back to this, sorry, by wanted to say thank you. Actually, I based the idea off of the Coopers Garage also. I had built the model once, sold it many years ago, and bought the kit yet again, but I wanted to do something different without using the kit. It just kind of grew on me.

Would you believe I never plan anything out! I just have an idea and start building. Crazy as it seems, I don't plan or draw plans. I have it all in my head. If I get to a sticky point and don't know where to go, I stop a while, sometimes a few days or a week, and think about it, mostly when I have a nap mid day, I just play scenarios out in my mind till it looks good, then I get back to building.

Tony

Tony Burgess
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000