Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Rick
Administrator

USA
23734 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  06:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks real good James. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Go to Top of Page

Frederic Testard
Engineer

France
17652 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  07:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good work James. I had missed the first pics. There are some very nice spots on the layout.
Go to Top of Page

INRAIL
Crew Chief

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  11:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James. Very nice! Yes, keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

BM_1566
New Hire

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  06:13:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit BM_1566's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great photos of the progress James
How in the world do you get those Rowley Modules up and down the stairs in a 200+ yo home ?
I don't envy you in doing that.
Mike S in MI

http://home.comcast.net/~msherbak11
Go to Top of Page

LVN
Fireman

Canada
5293 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  09:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi James. The layout is lookin great. Here we go again feeding Mike Hamer enthusiasm for B&M empires on the build. [:-apple][:-apple]

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Edited by - LVN on 03/26/2008 09:08:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer

11492 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  5:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Chris...ol' buddy ol' pal...and I'm a-lovin' it! Great layout progress, James. Also...hi to Mike Sherbak who is BM_1566. Hey Mike, I run the 1566 GP7 on my layout!

Ah, Chris...you don't know what you're missin' if you're not modelling New England!

Note: Chris is a good buddy and fellow Friday Night Group member up here in Ottawa, Canada!

James, please do keep those pictures coming. It is always fun seeing a B&M layout on the build! [:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  10:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike (I rode 1566 on B-21 back in the late 1960s), I'm lucky that 200 years ago, the guy who built my house was keeping a promise he made to land his wife. So it's got high ceilings and generous doors and stairways. I heave a good deal of hay every summer, so I *can* get the modules up two flights myself, but usually my wife or daughter help. I put down a bunch of ties tonight, but no time to take a (probably) dull picture anyway. Now if only my LHS will get off the dime and get me the rail I need, I've got my work cut out for me till I leave for Dortmund right after the Hub Spring Show.
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  08:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I returned from Germany a week ago, and have a little progress to show: The easterly switches for the 'middle' track are mostly done. And until the LHS gets the bundle of code 83 rail I ordered in January, I can either work on the spurs (code 70 arrived quickly), or start framing the next section (staging behind the post at the left rear).
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
32561 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  08:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James, I see that you ballast as you go. Good idea.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  10:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roadbed first (if I'm using it, 1/8" HomaBed here, or 1/4" pine lattice stock), then ties, sand the ties, then ballast, then rail.
Go to Top of Page

hoggrken
Crew Chief

Canada
633 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  10:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi James...Just catching this thread...Looks like this will be another great B&M themed layout.

(What's with you B&M modellers and having nicely done layouts...must be the water they drink...right, Mikey?? )

Seriously, James...looking forward to more updates on your layout progress!

Ken.
Go to Top of Page

jbvb
Fireman

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  1:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Although it's hot in the attic by noon, and I've been waiting for M-E weathered Code 83 rail for 6 months now (LHS tells me 3-5 more weeks), I have some progress to show:

I've laid 4 switches on the easterly lead. The spur to the right is spiked Code 55, and henceforward I'll think more seriously when I hear or read "handlaid in Code 55" (or 40, for that matter); I've glued Code 55 down previously (guardrails on the Rowley River bridge), which I find a lot easier. BTW, I resized this picture with DigiKam on FreeBSD, which seems to have avoided the jaggies that M$ Photo Editor gave my earlier images.
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
13192 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  2:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

nhguy
Fireman

USA
4763 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  02:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great!

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.
Go to Top of Page

Peterpools
Engineer

USA
12335 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  04:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
James
Terrific work and progress on the layout. Hand laid track on a large layout, is surely an adventure all of it's own. Looking forward to more photos as work progresses.
Peter [:-kitty]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000