Posted - 04/28/2012 :  12:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rhett!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  12:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting for some stuff to get here so I played around with the camera some. Most pics were deleted but I thought this one was decent:

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Catt
Crew Chief

USA
927 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  4:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice pic Mike.I will be starting on Tysons Creek next week.I hope to get a few other things done since we are going to the National Train Show in August.

Got to find me some Z scale fishermen.

I should be working on the N but its more fun to sit in front of the computer and work on my current HO project.
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  9:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Catt, glad you liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing Tyson's Creek come to life.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  5:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still playing with the camera

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  9:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Walther's order finally got here. One of the things was Blair Line's traffic signs. Things were getting pretty lawless in Tellico Gap but as soon as the the sign went up Barney went on patrol and life is good again!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  9:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[:-star][:-star][:-star][:-star][:-star]

Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  9:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your track looks really good in the first photo. How did you do it?
L&N nut
Jon

Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  06:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jon. The track is Peco code 55 and being it is secondary and yard trackage after I painted it (sprayed with black primer) I just buried it as deep in the ballast as I could then used the edge of a small screwdriver to clean out the excess along the inside of the rail.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  8:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a odd shaped space that would be ideal for a mobile home and maybe a garden patch. I got one made by Imex. It's actually a travel trailer which is OK because of the small amount of space I have. I don't know what the white outrigger thing sround the bottom of it is so I got rid of it and replaced it with underpinning. Also painted the roof silver and added a porch and steps and got rid of the hitch and over sized crank handle. Now to make it's plot of land ready for the big move!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

raystew
New Hire

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  08:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks really nice on the progress with the street signs and the trailer. I was looking at some of the older photos and was curious to know if you are planning on replacing the crossing bucks with something that is more to scale and prototype resemblance? Or is what you have a stand in until you get the better crossing bucks in place?
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  1:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words Ray. The crossing bucks are a stand-in. But then a case could be made the whole layout is a stand-in! The time period and era I'm modeling there would have been cross bucks but no lights or gates. So far I haven't found anybody that makes them. If you know of anybody that does make em' please let me know. Right now it looks like I will have to scratch build them at some future date.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  12:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Work on the land is finally progressing. The driver of the pick-up might want to wait until the DOT crew smooth out that first bump! [:-bigeyes] The bridge is in two pieces as I had to remove about 2 inches from the middle to make it fit.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Catt
Crew Chief

USA
927 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  3:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like progress Mike,and the progress is looking good.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000