Posted - 12/06/2011 :  1:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem Jon!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  2:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got some parts in from Jon (LandNnut) that I needed to do the other building. Also did a faux interior for it and got some work done on the loading docks:

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  5:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[:-star][:-star][:-star][:-star][:-star]
hopefully you can find a use for the other parts of the kit too. What's the story on the pallets?
L&N nut
Jon

Edited by - LandNnut on 12/12/2011 5:07:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  5:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon the lumber that was in the one kit is already been ricked and painted to be used for a flatcar load. The pallet company here always got the lumber in roughcut 2x6/2x4/1x4's so it is perfect for that. The pallets are made by Micro Engineering I think (been so long since I got them I don't remember) and all I did was paint them if that is what you are wondering. Being this is a pallet company you can't have too many of em'!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  5:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu]

Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  4:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to glaze the windows today but the bottle had dried out and hardened! Oh well, I was looking for an excuse to call Micro-Mark anyway! I went ahead and did a test fit on the layout even though the ground there is still mostly green painted styrofoam. I also made a sign for it. Somethings like the docks aren't glued yet. The dust collector or whatever that thing is on the lower red roof looks almost like an HO casting to me even though it came out of an old Atlas N scale kit. When I was in town yesterday I drove past the pallet company and the old furniture company ( both out of business now )to look at theirs and those things are BIG [:-bigeyes] . But I haven't glued it on yet just in case I change my mind or find something I like better.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  11:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu]
That spot looks like it was made for it.
L&N nut
Jon

Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  12:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jon but the truth is it was made to fit the spot which is the way a lot of model buildings evolve I think.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

robert goslin
Crew Chief

Australia
967 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  8:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike
coming together very nice. I like the dust collector, and all the other roof detail. My Dixon Steel will be in a similar position next to a cliff, but not rail served. so this gives me some ideas for my own area.

Regards Rob
My Current Build http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42537
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  9:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rob, glad you like it!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  5:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more I looked at that dust collector the more the size bothered me so off it came and I put a vent pipe there instead.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

USA
5190 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, the vent pipe looks more fitting. Not sure such a large collector would be placed atop a medium sized roof.

Arthur

Cielo Vista Railway (on30)
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  7:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Arthur, I found a home for it on the roof of the furniture factory which is a much larger building.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11035 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  8:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ordered more window glazing from MM on Tues. and got it on Fri.! [:-jump] That's got to be some kind of record. Anyway while waiting for the glazing to dry I started burying the "foundation" and the siding tracks:

Mike
Go to Top of Page

AVRR-PA
Fireman

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  10:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Mike --

Those cyclones ARE huge but I think you're right in believing that one that large wouldn't have been sitting on a roof - it would be on a steel frame next to the buildng so that a truck could drive underneath when it's time to dump the accumulated sawdust.

(I do see them on large flat roofs, come to think of it - I wonder how they empty them??)

Don
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000