Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 83

Grubes
Engine Wiper

USA
360 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Your first few steps are the hardest. Testing to see if parts fit before applying glue????? Where's the adventure in that?

Looks good and like others, I'll be following your progress.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  10:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Mike, after your move to the dark side, I didn't think you were still working on your N scale layout. And, what's this talk about another forum? You mean there are other model RR forums?

Rick pretty well stated what I was thinking... Okay, not that stuff about other forums; I don't think they actually exist - they're figments of imagination... perhaps an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato..... Anyway... I'm just getting caught up with a bunch of thread updates from the last 6 weeks or so.

It's looking good so far, Mike. It looks like Blair Line puts out a really nice kit, and you're obviously doing it justice. [:-thumbu] I'm glad to see you're back to work on v. 3 of the NM.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  11:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! Mike it remains to be seen if I will do it justice or not [:-blindfold] .

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 10/03/2009 11:32:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  4:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are having rain, rain and more rain which means more RR time! I got a little more done on the store today.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

acousticco
Fireman

Canada
1520 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  5:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks good Mike! I like the subtle coloring you given it. I suspect it'll have a fairly light weathering?

-Cody
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
19836 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  5:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[:-thumbu]

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

USA
5877 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  8:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi MIke,

I too like the Blair line kits, you have done a nice job.[:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  9:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! Yeah Cody, it's supposed to be making a living but not too good of a living so it will get some weathering but it will be on the light side.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  8:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I have made a little more progress. Would you believe Blair Line makes screen doors (actually they are printed on clear matte plastic, but still look cool) in N scale? Would you believe that no matter how hard I tried to get a picture so that you could tell it this was the best I could do? [:-banghead] [:-magnify] [:-paperbag]:

Here is a shot with the porch roof stuck on but don't have the roof post/supports in yet. Which means when this is placed on the layout there is just about ZERO chance you will be able to see that screen door in the shadow of that porch! [:-grumpy] [:-banghead]

I am lighting these so I figured with all the glass I better put something even if it is minimal on the inside:

Now to add the store front and turn on the lights! [:-jumprefect]

Yup! You can't tell there is a darn thing in there thru those little 1/8" square windows!
[:-banghead] [:-banghead] [:-banghead] [:-banghead]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

jatravia
Fireman

USA
2684 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  9:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, even if you can't see the inside the building looks really good. Just tell yourself that while you can't see inside you've made some LP very happy.

Joe <ihs><
Go to Top of Page

UKGuy
Fireman

USA
5797 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  11:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great Mike, just the colour variations showing through from the inside lets you know there is something 'more'.

The screens also show up with the lights on, a very nice looking kit and well done.

Karl.A

Go to Top of Page

MarkF
Engineer

USA
10483 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  11:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit MarkF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice looking building Mike. And while the inside details aren't clearly evident, you and the occupants know they are there! Actually, you can see the screen door pretty well. Looks really sharp!

Mark

See my homepage at http://home.comcast.net/~prrndiv/
Go to Top of Page

LynnB
Fireman

Canada
1925 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  01:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Mike it looks really cool all lit up. What did you use for the lighting? Is is it just me or does that look like over sized wire?

Modeling the L&M Rocky Mountain Railroad
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13095
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  06:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything looks oversized when it's N scale Lynn! The wire is 20 gauge the bulb is 6 volt with a 220 ohm resistor wired in line, both from the local Radio Shack. When installed you won't be able to see the wires of course. I do have a problem with light leaking under the front wall that I will have to fix. The building is far from done, still have to tarpaper the roof, put the signs on the sides, lightly weather it, install a chimney, ect. Thanks for the kind comments all!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LynnB
Fireman

Canada
1925 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  09:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh yes N scale. Would you connect all your building that are wired with 6 volt bulbs to a buss powered by say a power pack?

Modeling the L&M Rocky Mountain Railroad
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13095
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000