Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 83

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13132 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  08:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Good to see you back at work on the layout.
Nice looking station.
Who makes the kit.

How about a longer range shot to see where on the layout this will be placed.
What's next on the agenda.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  12:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement! [:-bouncy] Rick the one advantage of lighting the buildings is that even with the room lights turned on you can see interior details that you wouldn't notice otherwise. Of course that is a disadvantage if you don't have said details! [:-crazy] Bruce it is the only brass building that I have and I cheated and glued not soldered it together. John I got the kit years ago and I'm thinking it was Miller Engineering but it isn't in the current catolog and I no longer have the box so I'm not sure. I hope to get more of the scenery done around it over the next week or so and I will be sure to post a shot from farther back so you can see how it fits into the layout. Might even to that later today if something else pans out.

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 03/19/2008 12:49:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  3:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had another project lined up for this afternoon but it got rained out so per John's request here is a panned back shot showing where the station fits in on the layout.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13132 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  4:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike,

Are you going to be building all new structures or are you going to recycle some from the old layout.

John Bagley
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  5:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John this layout is on a VERYYYYYYYYYY tight budget, I will recycle as much as possible. I am spending money on getting more stuff I do need and never had enough of, like quality vehicles and people.

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 03/19/2008 5:31:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13132 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  8:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles

John this layout is on a VERYYYYYYYYYY tight budget, I will recycle as much as possible. I am spending money on getting more stuff I do need and never had enough of, like quality vehicles and people.

Actually I would recycle them for a different reason.
I remember them from your previous layout and they looked very good to my eyes.[:-bigeyes][:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

John Bagley
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  8:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks John

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  3:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got the driveway "paved" and put the window glass in. I wanted to use the Mico-Mark glazing but it wouldn't adhere to the brass frame even though it is painted? Anyway I used sheet plastic. If you viewed this from the right instead of the left it might have been a problem. I also added some people and stuff. I need to straighten the sign and of course add the vegetation and junk and ............... Also a shot with the roof off.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25233 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  6:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

That station is going to look great there.

As far as recycling structures is concerned, I do it because they are old friends that I like to see around.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  7:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce and I agree that some structures are indeed old friends. However most of mine are reminders that I still have a lot to learn! [:-paperbag] [:-paperbag] [:-paperbag]

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 03/27/2008 7:52:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13132 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  9:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks real good Mike.
Remember those fuel tank vent pipes that you told me about for my gas station which I still plan to add, I am assuming that your station will also have these.

I don't know what is available in N scale but I have never seen a gas station without a soda machine and an apparatus to get air for your tires.

So after this is completed what is the next structure that will make an appearance.

John Bagley
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  10:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah John it will have the vent pipes and the lids to the underground tanks in the asphalt driveway as well. Because you can't see it in the photo pretend there is a air hose hanging on the side of the oil rack (which is between the gas pumps) . I do need to find a soda machine though. After I finish this project I will probably be doing the scenery across the back first so I don't damage anything in front later.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11033 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  3:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have got some more done on the gas station. I ordered a soda pop machine to keep John happy and someone (I think at 2 guyz) said I needed some kids on bikes so they are coming as well [:-bouncy] .

And just for John a pic of those vent pipes:

Besides the kids, bikes and soda pop machine it also needs more vehicles and probably a few things I'm forgetting right now [:-paperbag] . Once they are in place I'll post some more pics.
[:-magnify]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  4:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[:-star][:-star][:-star][:-star][:-thumbu]

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25233 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  5:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The scene looks very good, Mike.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000