Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

MarkF
Engineer

USA
10376 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  12:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit MarkF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great shots Tom! I do love the weathering on those Alcos. It looks so good, I can hear them rumbling!

Mark

See my homepage at http://home.comcast.net/~prrndiv/
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25247 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  08:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to see this thread active again!

Chuck, the upgrades to your boxcab show up nicely in that photo. Sammy, I like the 'at speed' shot. Don, the low angle shot is neat. Rick, the club layout is a great setting for that lash-up. Tom, fantastic weathering and photography.

Here is some activity at the L&HR/Susquehanna interchange.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

Red P
Crew Chief

USA
976 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  11:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Red P a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tom,
I like your Alcos. #420 reminds me of the red Indiana Hy-Rail units that used to run around northern Indiana
P

http://pcpanhandle.shutterfly.com/
Go to Top of Page

HW
Engine Wiper

Philippines
165 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  11:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit HW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My HO railroad

Caboose delivery....

Fan Trip....

Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25247 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bit of fantasy on my part, but the colors are right for the Susquehanna.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

INRAIL
Crew Chief

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  10:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark and Scott. Thanks!

Bruce. Great photos and modeling. I really like the first one above with the two Alco's. What an awesome scene. The last photo above is equally impressive. The first one though is Killer!

Andy. Great trio of N&W units. You nailed the looks of those units for sure. Excellent!

Sammy. I've always loved your photos and modeling. I don't always respond to you but I really do like what you're doing. Very believable and it looks like you have fun which is important. Your recent addition of the Santa Fe GP60M is a great shot! Excellent weathering.

Richard. Nice layout. I really like your weathering on the SP unit in the first photo. The area under the dynamic break blister looks exactly what I've seen in photos and on a former SP tunnel motor here in Indiana on the TP&W (Rail America). That beast looks a bit out of place on a midwest Indiana short line.
Go to Top of Page

HW
Engine Wiper

Philippines
165 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  12:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit HW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are so many really great modelers here I'm afraid to miss someone if I try to mention them all. Thanks for showing your uber-modeling, guys.
Go to Top of Page

LVRALPH
Fireman

5482 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  05:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

LV -2 holds at the Penn Haven Home signal while a couple of "borrowed" RDG helpers run around LV-2 to get back to Lehighton for another bump up the hill.

Go to Top of Page

andykins
Fireman

United Kingdom
4060 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  05:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just wrapped up my latest davenport.

here she is pulling a flat car with lumber load across the road crossing.

(anyone rekon on30 is expensive? this engine i guess cost me roughly $3, beside the horn, and hand rail sanctions. everything was given to me, i inherited or already had :P )
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25247 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  12:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tom.

Andy, I love that Davenport!

Last fall I brought my Budd RDC to a club layout. The Chesapeake Bay & Western is George D's club. Nice to see it on the broader curves of a big layout!

Bruce

Go to Top of Page

LandNnut
Fireman

USA
1517 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  7:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce, that's a good shot that includes my L&N interchange car. I don't recall seeing that photo before. Is this the first time you have posted it?
L&N nut
Jon

Go to Top of Page

Mike Hamer
Engineer

10316 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  8:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Wow! So many great contributions from some of our newer forum members! You've got me very excited! Keep those pics coming. Your modelling is fantastic and your layouts are inspirational!
Ralph Renzetti came up to Ottawa for our inaugural Train Expo. He brought this beautifully weathered CN diesel over to my layout and I had fun running it and railfanning it as well. Here it is in my town of North Dover.

Stepping out onto the New England River bridge at Haney Gorge.

Exiting Marshall Cut.

All the best, Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://craftsmanstructures.blogspot.com
http://bostonandmaine.blogspot.com
http://fridaynightgroup.blogspot.com

Edited by - Mike Hamer on 05/07/2012 8:19:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25247 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  11:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LandNnut

Bruce, that's a good shot that includes my L&N interchange car. I don't recall seeing that photo before. Is this the first time you have posted it?
L&N nut
Jon

Jon, when the car was here, I took a bunch of shots. I'm not sure if I included this one in the Interchange thread or not.

Bruce

Go to Top of Page

INRAIL
Crew Chief

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  11:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike. What a terrific looking CN unit. Very nice! I also like your water in the bottom photo. You nailed the color. It looks like the river/creek is swollen and muddy from a recent heavy rain.

Andy. What a fine job you did with the weathering on your Davenport switcher.

Ralph. That is a great looking photo. I really like how the spur with the coal hoppers is much lower than the main line. The ground cover looks just right too. The signal and all completes the scene.
Go to Top of Page

andykins
Fireman

United Kingdom
4060 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  05:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks tom!

Mike lovely photos, i do enjoy seeing your layout. and indeed with guest engines. rekon an on30 porter would fit around it ? :D hehe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000