The Diesel Shop
 Reading SD-45s
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  11:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
I have been doing some quick research on the Reading SD-45s. I have an opportunity to purchase one. I already have one Bachmann Spectrum SD-45 #7603. The second I can purchase for a price I canít refuse is also 7603. There is an outside chance I could get 7602.

In looking at a couple of websites I only found roster numbers from 7600 to 7605. Did Reading only have six units? Also did they MU them together or with other locomotives?

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

LVRALPH
Fireman

5584 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  08:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Tom,

According to Dale Woodland's RDG Diesels Vol. 2 the RDG had 5 SD-45's #'s 7600 to 7604.

Photo's in the book show them to be mu'ed with other road power, both EMD and non EMD.

An excellent book for your research library if you desire to purchase one. If you would like me to scan one of the photo's and send it to you, I would be glad to assist.
Go to Top of Page

LVRALPH
Fireman

5584 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  08:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Tom,

According to Dale Woodland's RDG Diesels Vol. 2 the RDG had 5 SD-45's #'s 7600 to 7604.

Photo's in the book show them to be mu'ed with other road power, both EMD and non EMD.

An excellent book for your research library if you desire to purchase one. If you would like me to scan one of the photo's and send it to you, I would be glad to assist.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000