How to contact a club
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jar
New Hire

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  2:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know of a member of the Railroad club in Medicine Hat, Alberta.

They have a web page and contact - via an email which either bounces or never gets answered. They don't give any personal contact information and the 2 hobby shops here are fairly new and don't/won't give out contact information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You[:-angel]

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  3:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Doesn't sound good , does it ? It would appear that either the Club or the site have folded or else someone is ' not minding the farm '.
I live near a city of 200,000 + but it was only word of mouth and asking a lot of people that put me in contact with a Club . Turns out it is modular ...not up my alley , by mrrers none the less and I have dropped in to see their club ( fairly big ..40 or 50 )...met some good folks and all .
maybe check out CARM , Canadian Association of Railway Modellers to see if you can unturn anything in your area . I'm on the CARM chat line tonight on YAHOO , so I'll try to remember to ask someone out your way .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  3:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Doesn't sound good , does it ? It would appear that either the Club or the site have folded or else someone is ' not minding the farm '.
I live near a city of 200,000 + but it was only word of mouth and asking a lot of people that put me in contact with a Club . Turns out it is modular ...not up my alley , by mrrers none the less and I have dropped in to see their club ( fairly big ..40 or 50 )...met some good folks and all .
maybe check out CARM , Canadian Association of Railway Modellers to see if you can unturn anything in your area . I'm on the CARM chat line tonight on YAHOO , so I'll try to remember to ask someone out your way .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  12:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Jim , there wasn't much action on the CARM chat line last night ...more of the same old , same old .The few guys that were on were Ontarians and once again were discussing Toronto area stuff .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

teejay
Fireman

Canada
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  12:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Jim , there wasn't much action on the CARM chat line last night ...more of the same old , same old .The few guys that were on were Ontarians and once again were discussing Toronto area stuff .

TERRY
Go to Top of Page

anbhurst

USA
7259 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2005 :  03:10:01 AM  Show Profile
Terry,

Thanks for assisting Jim; I missed this thread as my 'puter was down for most of that week. I have given him an additional idea about networking to meet new, interested people. Wish I had more to offer.

Allen
Modelling the East in the West!

quote:
Originally posted by teejay

Sorry Jim , there wasn't much action on the CARM chat line last night. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000