Posted - 08/30/2004 :  11:10:37 AM  Show Profile
Tyson,

[:-thumbu][:-thumbu]
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  9:38:44 PM  Show Profile
ANo10 only 2 thumbs up? Man you are hard to please!

O.K. I had this "Depots by John" cast resin kit I had been meaning to do something with but not having worked with resin before I kept putting it off. Really isn't much to it although I do wish the doors were seperate like the windows as it would save alot of masking.

Then I had to build a little triangle shaped platform for it.

With some scenery added, more details to come later

The space between the engine house and the depot is were the "town" will have to go [:-bigeyes][:-magnify][:-shake][:-sick]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  9:38:44 PM  Show Profile
ANo10 only 2 thumbs up? Man you are hard to please!

O.K. I had this "Depots by John" cast resin kit I had been meaning to do something with but not having worked with resin before I kept putting it off. Really isn't much to it although I do wish the doors were seperate like the windows as it would save alot of masking.

Then I had to build a little triangle shaped platform for it.

With some scenery added, more details to come later

The space between the engine house and the depot is were the "town" will have to go [:-bigeyes][:-magnify][:-shake][:-sick]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  9:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Looking great, Tyson!

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

TomPM
Fireman

USA
4648 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  9:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
Looking great, Tyson!

Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100
Go to Top of Page

ANo10
Fireman

USA
2773 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Okay Tyson, I relent...[:-jumprefect][:-jumprefect][:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu]
and a gold star.[:-star]

Seriously, I have been following yours and the other guys mini-layout thread on the AMR forum. You have done a fantastic job on the micro-layout. I'm repeating myself..."but I can't believe it's N scale". My hat's off to you guys. Thanks for sharing. (Now where is the Climax with the antlers??)

Jim
Go to Top of Page

ANo10
Fireman

USA
2773 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Okay Tyson, I relent...[:-jumprefect][:-jumprefect][:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu]
and a gold star.[:-star]

Seriously, I have been following yours and the other guys mini-layout thread on the AMR forum. You have done a fantastic job on the micro-layout. I'm repeating myself..."but I can't believe it's N scale". My hat's off to you guys. Thanks for sharing. (Now where is the Climax with the antlers??)

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
19836 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Tyson, thanks for all the step by step photo's. Everything looks very good. I'm really enjoying following your progress.

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
19836 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Tyson, thanks for all the step by step photo's. Everything looks very good. I'm really enjoying following your progress.

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  11:08:46 PM  Show Profile
Thx for the kind words guys! Jim I did put the Climax on the layout. Remember me saying it was a rather large Climax, probably around 50 ton? First tunnel sheared the whistle right off the roof! [:-banghead][:-bigeyes2][:-crazy]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Tyson Rayles

USA
11068 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  11:08:46 PM  Show Profile
Thx for the kind words guys! Jim I did put the Climax on the layout. Remember me saying it was a rather large Climax, probably around 50 ton? First tunnel sheared the whistle right off the roof! [:-banghead][:-bigeyes2][:-crazy]

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25362 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  11:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Tyson,
You might aske the driver of that stake-side truck to move it so that you have room for your town.

Seriously, I like what you have done, and look forward to seeing how you decided to represent the town.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
25362 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  11:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Tyson,
You might aske the driver of that stake-side truck to move it so that you have room for your town.

Seriously, I like what you have done, and look forward to seeing how you decided to represent the town.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3
Go to Top of Page

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  4:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Way cool Tyson,of course you realize you making some of us with much Larger areas Look bad LOL

I must have missed the challenge.Looks like a mini/micro would make a great lil distraction from the larger empire.Also i can see it as an effective training tool for creatively digging ones way out of the Ol
"oops shoulda seen that coming syndrome" :o)
Go to Top of Page

Tileguy
Engine Wiper

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2004 :  4:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Way cool Tyson,of course you realize you making some of us with much Larger areas Look bad LOL

I must have missed the challenge.Looks like a mini/micro would make a great lil distraction from the larger empire.Also i can see it as an effective training tool for creatively digging ones way out of the Ol
"oops shoulda seen that coming syndrome" :o)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000