New Topic  Topic Locked
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  1:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Is there any way when printing out a layout that the item numbers of the individual track assemblies can be omitted?
Thanks
George

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  2:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi, George, and welcome to RR-L. One of our members, Harry, uses RTS quite a bit and knows a lot about the software. If no one else knows the answer, he probably does. He generally doesn't check in on the forum on weekends, though, so he may not see your question until Monday. But maybe another member will know the answer and can help you right away.

Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  2:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi, George, and welcome to RR-L. One of our members, Harry, uses RTS quite a bit and knows a lot about the software. If no one else knows the answer, he probably does. He generally doesn't check in on the forum on weekends, though, so he may not see your question until Monday. But maybe another member will know the answer and can help you right away.

Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  4:14:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks. I'll keep on the alert for any input.
George
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  4:14:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks. I'll keep on the alert for any input.
George
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  5:21:02 PM  Show Profile
Yes George, if you go to view-properties and click on the texts tab you can then uncheck display article numbers. I also in the same box turn on the elevation (display height).

If you need anymore info on RTS I will gladly try to answer.

Harry

Edited by - Hangem Harry on 04/24/2004 5:22:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  5:21:02 PM  Show Profile
Yes George, if you go to view-properties and click on the texts tab you can then uncheck display article numbers. I also in the same box turn on the elevation (display height).

If you need anymore info on RTS I will gladly try to answer.

Harry

Edited by - Hangem Harry on 04/24/2004 5:22:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  7:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Harry
Am I glad you're around. Worked exactly as you said it would (no supprise). Can't tell you the number of times I tried to find that option. Many thanks.
Another question. When I place a Snap Switch remote, either right or left, #'s 540 or 541, I add a 1/3 18" radius to the output otherwise it doesn't come together the same as in real life. Is this correct.???
George
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  7:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Harry
Am I glad you're around. Worked exactly as you said it would (no supprise). Can't tell you the number of times I tried to find that option. Many thanks.
Another question. When I place a Snap Switch remote, either right or left, #'s 540 or 541, I add a 1/3 18" radius to the output otherwise it doesn't come together the same as in real life. Is this correct.???
George
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Happy to help George, and yes you are correct George, even then you will end up with a slight overlap or gap in places, especially if you try to copy some of the layouts in Altas' books. I have found that to get atlas track to work you will either leave places where they are not exactly lined up or use flex track for those pieces. I actually design only with flex track anymore.

harry
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Happy to help George, and yes you are correct George, even then you will end up with a slight overlap or gap in places, especially if you try to copy some of the layouts in Altas' books. I have found that to get atlas track to work you will either leave places where they are not exactly lined up or use flex track for those pieces. I actually design only with flex track anymore.

harry
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  12:19:49 PM  Show Profile
Harry
Thanks for the confirmation. I don't mind the gaps as long as I know that the layout I'm doing will work when I put the track in place.

Another question on printing. The track layout I've been working with is on a "board" that is actually wider than I want. When I started I allowed for expansion but now I find I don't need it. Is there any way I can "crop" the "board" back to a width I have? I cant't find any tool that will let me move the entire layout on the board, which would also work.
George
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  12:19:49 PM  Show Profile
Harry
Thanks for the confirmation. I don't mind the gaps as long as I know that the layout I'm doing will work when I put the track in place.

Another question on printing. The track layout I've been working with is on a "board" that is actually wider than I want. When I started I allowed for expansion but now I find I don't need it. Is there any way I can "crop" the "board" back to a width I have? I cant't find any tool that will let me move the entire layout on the board, which would also work.
George
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  12:41:11 PM  Show Profile
George, question

Did you make everything on one layer? (view-properties-layers) If you didn't it is actually quite easy to move everything but the board. just go to (view-properties-layers) and turn off the layer your board is on, then go to (edit-tag all) and just click and drag everything where you want it. if everything is on one layer, select the outline of your board and go to (element-properties-general) and change the layer number and click ok, then follow the steps above. if you have problems let me know.

Harry
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  12:41:11 PM  Show Profile
George, question

Did you make everything on one layer? (view-properties-layers) If you didn't it is actually quite easy to move everything but the board. just go to (view-properties-layers) and turn off the layer your board is on, then go to (edit-tag all) and just click and drag everything where you want it. if everything is on one layer, select the outline of your board and go to (element-properties-general) and change the layer number and click ok, then follow the steps above. if you have problems let me know.

Harry
Go to Top of Page

jtbterri
New Hire

12 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  4:13:53 PM  Show Profile
Harry
I never even thought about layers when I did this layout. I'm very used to working with them on all of my picture editing programs. Just never occurred to me to think that they would be incorporated into this program.
I did all of my layout on one layer. I tried religiously to follow your instructions of renumbering, etc. but never could get the new layer to appear. Went back to the brute force method; cut & paste. At least have a printout more to my liking.
Thanks for your advice. I'll keep trying on the layer technique and believe me, on the next go-around it will be with layers!!!
George
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000