The Model Railroad Club Forum
 Carlstadt, NJ - NY Society of Model Engineers - HO
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wvrr
Fireman

6479 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  9:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
These are photos of the New York Society of Model Engineers in Carlstadt, NJ. The photos are of the HO scale layout.

There are a couple things of note. First, there is an operating hump yard. It uses compressed air as the retarders. Second, there is a photo of a passenger station in the third picture. An article appeared in RMC over 30 years ago about kitbashing some kits to make this station. A well known model railroader built a model based on this article, just like the one in the photo, and had it on his layout. Anyone care to guess who that was?

Chuck

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

USA
2714 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  9:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Fantasic looking layout, Chuck. Thanks for posting the pics. It's got me inspired to get going on some more scenery.[:-jumprefect]
Go to Top of Page

Eddie Landreth
Fireman

USA
2714 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  9:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Fantasic looking layout, Chuck. Thanks for posting the pics. It's got me inspired to get going on some more scenery.[:-jumprefect]
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
30824 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  11:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Chuck,

Although I have visited both the Ho-Ho-Kus and North Haledon club layouts, I haven't made it to either Union or Carlstadt. Thanks for posting those pictures!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
30824 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  11:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Chuck,

Although I have visited both the Ho-Ho-Kus and North Haledon club layouts, I haven't made it to either Union or Carlstadt. Thanks for posting those pictures!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22285 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  08:18:18 AM  Show Profile
Chuck, thanks for posting these pictures. I have never made the trip to Carlstadt to see this layout, but it looks like it is definitly worth the drive. I am interested to see how the hump yard works since our club also plans on building one.

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22285 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  08:18:18 AM  Show Profile
Chuck, thanks for posting these pictures. I have never made the trip to Carlstadt to see this layout, but it looks like it is definitly worth the drive. I am interested to see how the hump yard works since our club also plans on building one.

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000