New Topic  Topic Locked
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wvrr
Fireman

6479 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  10:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
It is that time of year when most of the clubs in northern NJ open up their doors!

The New York Society of Model Engineers in Carlstadt is having shows the next two weekends.
http://community.nj.com/cc/sme

The Ramapo Valley club in HoHoKus is having their shows the first two weekend in December.
http://members.aol.com/RVRRclub/

The Model Railroad Club Inc in Union is having their open house the next three weekends.
http://www.tmrci.com/

The Garden State Model Railroad club in North Haledon is having their show the next three weekends.
http://www.gsmrrclub.org/

Does anyone from the RR-L crew plan on attending any of these shows? If so, when? It might be fun for a few of us to get together. I missed the Greenberg show in Edison, so here is another opportunity!

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
30824 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  12:09:38 AM  Show Profile
Chuck,

I usually hit the HoHoKus (for those not from New Jersey, yes there is really a town called by that name, and Aaron Burr lived there!)
and North Haledon exhibits, but have never gone to the other two. I certainly wouldn't mind a field trip if a common date could be found. The weekend of the 6th/7th is booked with family outings, but I have flexibility other than that.

Rick, you are in one of these clubs. Are you going to be involved in the open house? If so, maybe we could visit the layout then.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
30824 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  12:09:38 AM  Show Profile
Chuck,

I usually hit the HoHoKus (for those not from New Jersey, yes there is really a town called by that name, and Aaron Burr lived there!)
and North Haledon exhibits, but have never gone to the other two. I certainly wouldn't mind a field trip if a common date could be found. The weekend of the 6th/7th is booked with family outings, but I have flexibility other than that.

Rick, you are in one of these clubs. Are you going to be involved in the open house? If so, maybe we could visit the layout then.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

belg
Fireman

USA
4502 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Someone also mentioned one in Dover but I don't have the deatails hope they see this and post the time/dates.I myself will probably hit Ramapo and North Haledon.

Go to Top of Page

belg
Fireman

USA
4502 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Someone also mentioned one in Dover but I don't have the deatails hope they see this and post the time/dates.I myself will probably hit Ramapo and North Haledon.

Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6479 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  10:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

The NYSME in Carlstadt has an O scale and HO scale layout. I haven't been to that one in a while. The Union club is interesting to see. I think the finished part of the layout is 40x40. The last few years, I've only been going to the Ramapo and North Haledon club's, since they are convenient. But, so far, I think my schedule is open this weekend....hopefully, it stays that way. I have a problem on the 7th since I am flying to Toronto that day.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6479 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  10:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

The NYSME in Carlstadt has an O scale and HO scale layout. I haven't been to that one in a while. The Union club is interesting to see. I think the finished part of the layout is 40x40. The last few years, I've only been going to the Ramapo and North Haledon club's, since they are convenient. But, so far, I think my schedule is open this weekend....hopefully, it stays that way. I have a problem on the 7th since I am flying to Toronto that day.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
30824 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile
Chuck,

Friday night and Sunday afternoon are good this weekend. I have rented a log splitter for use all day Saturday.[:-boggled]

I have e-mailed Rick to see if he will be a the Union Club either day.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Dutchman
Administrator

USA
30824 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile
Chuck,

Friday night and Sunday afternoon are good this weekend. I have rented a log splitter for use all day Saturday.[:-boggled]

I have e-mailed Rick to see if he will be a the Union Club either day.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22285 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:28:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bruce, Chuck and Pat.

Bruce, thanks for the email. I wouldn't of seen this thread if you hadn't told me about it. I usually don't venture down this far in the forum.

Chuck, thanks for posting our clubs web site and show times.

I'll be at The Model Railroad Club Inc in Union on the following dates and times:

Friday Nov 28 noon till 10
Saturday Nov 29 noon till 9
Friday Dec 5 noon till 10
Sunday Dec 7 noon till 6
Friday Dec 12 noon till 10
Saturday Dec 13 noon till 9

Chuck is right; the original layout area is 40 x 40 and is completed. The new section is 60 x 80 and has about 20 or 30 more years of track laying and scenery work left to do. We did get the track work and platforms completed for the new Gilberton passenger station. Our resident master modeler, Ira Duetch, has scratch built an incredible station that alone is worth the admission price.

I hope that all of you can make it and look forward to seeing you there. Let me know what day and time you plan on being there and I will keep my eye for you.

As you think, so will you be.
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22285 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:28:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bruce, Chuck and Pat.

Bruce, thanks for the email. I wouldn't of seen this thread if you hadn't told me about it. I usually don't venture down this far in the forum.

Chuck, thanks for posting our clubs web site and show times.

I'll be at The Model Railroad Club Inc in Union on the following dates and times:

Friday Nov 28 noon till 10
Saturday Nov 29 noon till 9
Friday Dec 5 noon till 10
Sunday Dec 7 noon till 6
Friday Dec 12 noon till 10
Saturday Dec 13 noon till 9

Chuck is right; the original layout area is 40 x 40 and is completed. The new section is 60 x 80 and has about 20 or 30 more years of track laying and scenery work left to do. We did get the track work and platforms completed for the new Gilberton passenger station. Our resident master modeler, Ira Duetch, has scratch built an incredible station that alone is worth the admission price.

I hope that all of you can make it and look forward to seeing you there. Let me know what day and time you plan on being there and I will keep my eye for you.

Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6479 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Rick,
I think I will be there in the early afternoon, tomorrow. My wife will be joining the insane by shopping, tomorrow. That will give me a chance to get away.

Bruce,
I'm thinking about Sunday afternoon to go to the HoHoKus or North Haledon club (or both). I'm not sure what my plans are, yet.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6479 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Rick,
I think I will be there in the early afternoon, tomorrow. My wife will be joining the insane by shopping, tomorrow. That will give me a chance to get away.

Bruce,
I'm thinking about Sunday afternoon to go to the HoHoKus or North Haledon club (or both). I'm not sure what my plans are, yet.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22285 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  6:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Chuck, I'm sure you have been busy with work and the holidays, but I would love to see the pictures you took at the other clubs. If and when you get the time could you please post them?

Go to Top of Page

Rick
Administrator

USA
22285 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  6:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Chuck, I'm sure you have been busy with work and the holidays, but I would love to see the pictures you took at the other clubs. If and when you get the time could you please post them?

Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman

6479 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  9:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Sorry about that Rick. With my business trips in December, the holidays, and my latest project, I forgot to do this. Anyway, there are 4 new topics that cover the remaining clubs. The NYSME in Carlstadt has both layouts in one room. The other club may actually function as two separate clubs since the layouts are in the basements of two buildings right next door to each other.

Chuck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000