Posted - 02/24/2003 :  09:33:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Ok now let me get this staight Mike,

Foss' Landing 1 year +/-
Railroad Camp 1.5 yrs
Twin Mills 3 yrs
Backwoods Train 1 yr

Heck you are set for over 6 years of modeling. And my wife complains about me.

Harry

Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished. Oh well, like they say, it's the journey, not the destination... [:-eyebrows]
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  09:33:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hangem Harry

Ok now let me get this staight Mike,

Foss' Landing 1 year +/-
Railroad Camp 1.5 yrs
Twin Mills 3 yrs
Backwoods Train 1 yr

Heck you are set for over 6 years of modeling. And my wife complains about me.

Harry

Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished. Oh well, like they say, it's the journey, not the destination... [:-eyebrows]
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13324 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  10:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all
I worked on the landing for the second floor door today. Looks fine to me. I will have to decide whether to go with the original metal door casting or the one I scratch built. I have been working on the metal one to see if I can make it look satisfactory to me.
I am happy with the crossbuck metal doors which is great and will save time not having to scratch build them.
Mike wrote
Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished
Whoa Mike!!! You do not have our permission to go anywhere anytime soon as there is too much unfinished business to take care of.[:-eyebrows]

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13324 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  10:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all
I worked on the landing for the second floor door today. Looks fine to me. I will have to decide whether to go with the original metal door casting or the one I scratch built. I have been working on the metal one to see if I can make it look satisfactory to me.
I am happy with the crossbuck metal doors which is great and will save time not having to scratch build them.
Mike wrote
Yeah, and as I said to Walt in an email a few days ago, the worst part is I may be running out of time. I'm not getting any younger, and I could kick the bucket before I get everything finished
Whoa Mike!!! You do not have our permission to go anywhere anytime soon as there is too much unfinished business to take care of.[:-eyebrows]

John Bagley
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  07:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning guys,

Well I finished glueing up the walls and started the overhang last evening. I also looked at the landing for the second floor but didn't start it yet. I am still not sure what I am going to do about the doors, I kind of like the way the cross buck doors turned out and am not sure about the second floor door yet. I ordered hinges and a few other detail items last week so I may just build a new door.

Gee Mike would you like a dependant to leave all your fine kits to?

Harry

BTW I too have an AARP membership, although I'm not quite retired yet, but the wife is.
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  07:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning guys,

Well I finished glueing up the walls and started the overhang last evening. I also looked at the landing for the second floor but didn't start it yet. I am still not sure what I am going to do about the doors, I kind of like the way the cross buck doors turned out and am not sure about the second floor door yet. I ordered hinges and a few other detail items last week so I may just build a new door.

Gee Mike would you like a dependant to leave all your fine kits to?

Harry

BTW I too have an AARP membership, although I'm not quite retired yet, but the wife is.
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  10:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon.[:-shake] But I looked at my "to do" shelf in the basement, and I've got quite a stack of boxes/kits waiting on me.

I spent a few minutes last night molding a door knob and plate from Sculptamold. The knob is close to being out of scale, but I was reaching the point where it was so small that I couldn't "work" the clay. So I made do. After painting it, I thought it didn't look too bad. But hinges were out of the question. [:-banghead]

I got the four walls of the two-story portion assembled and am pleased with how it looks so far.

I'm really looking forward to getting the whole structure finished so I can place it on the diorama base and see how it will look with the stone wall, etc. [:-eyebrows]
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  10:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon.[:-shake] But I looked at my "to do" shelf in the basement, and I've got quite a stack of boxes/kits waiting on me.

I spent a few minutes last night molding a door knob and plate from Sculptamold. The knob is close to being out of scale, but I was reaching the point where it was so small that I couldn't "work" the clay. So I made do. After painting it, I thought it didn't look too bad. But hinges were out of the question. [:-banghead]

I got the four walls of the two-story portion assembled and am pleased with how it looks so far.

I'm really looking forward to getting the whole structure finished so I can place it on the diorama base and see how it will look with the stone wall, etc. [:-eyebrows]
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

Well I finally got around to taking a few photo's of my Foss' Landing project so far. Here they are:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, I am still learning how to use this great digital camera I have.

Harry
Go to Top of Page

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

USA
793 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

Well I finally got around to taking a few photo's of my Foss' Landing project so far. Here they are:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, I am still learning how to use this great digital camera I have.

Harry
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Looking good, Harry. [:-thumbu]

I posted a longer reply when I saw your photos in the other discussion thread earlier.
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  09:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Looking good, Harry. [:-thumbu]

I posted a longer reply when I saw your photos in the other discussion thread earlier.
Go to Top of Page

Bbags
Administrator

USA
13324 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  10:14:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Harry
Looking good. Keep up the good work.
I was hoping to see a picture of that second story door that seems to be a cause for concern for a few of us. I still have not decided which door I like better.
I either need my tax return to come so I can get a digital camera or a sunny dry day to take pictures outside with my 35mm so I can post some pictures.

John Bagley
Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  3:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Here is my Clam "shell"

I just used ordinary lighting instead of the layout lighting for these. As a result, the siding appears darker and more weathered than it actually is. It's really a faded whitewash over weathered gray. And likewise for the trim. It's supposed to be dark green, but not as dark as it appears in these photos.

John, I included a photo of the second story door for you.

Go to Top of Page

MikeC
Administrator

USA
21584 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  3:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Here is my Clam "shell"

I just used ordinary lighting instead of the layout lighting for these. As a result, the siding appears darker and more weathered than it actually is. It's really a faded whitewash over weathered gray. And likewise for the trim. It's supposed to be dark green, but not as dark as it appears in these photos.

John, I included a photo of the second story door for you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 116 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000